New in version 4.3
New Module! Email Connector
This new module helps keep your email organized so you never miss important client communications.
The Email Connector server pulls incoming emails from your mail server, processes the email and performs one of the following actions:
- Email to Ticket– The Email to Ticket feature identifies the customer Account in the CRM which matches the “From” address of the incoming email, and then opens a new Ticket in the help desk software, and links it to that Account. Email matching is performed on the Email1 and Email2 fields of the Account, and also on the email fields of the secondary contacts for the Account.
- API by Email – This feature analyzes incoming XML formatted emails and performs the actions written in them. This is essentially an API for the app database, which can allow you to perform many actions. For example, you can use this API to link to external systems, send forms from your own website (e.g. allow clients to update their Account details via your site), and more.
Additional Email Connector Capabilities:
- Send Automatic email responses to customers and notify your support for each email response
- Works with POP3 mail servers, including Exchange server with POP3 enabled
- Identifies incoming emails related to already existing Tickets and automatically forwards them to an internal Support Team Email for manual handling, without opening a new Ticket
You can read more about the Email Connector add-on module here.
New Module! Alerts Server
The Alerts Server module of our PSA lets you define rules that will send automatic email alerts as a result of certain system events. The rules are based on the user’s role (Ticket Manager, Account Manager, etc.) and the type of events defined in the rules.
This add-on module can help you keep your technicians up-to-date on any changes made by other employees, to data for which they are responsible.
Alerts Server allows you to:
- Send Email Alerts to Account Managers – Account Managers can receive automatic alerts for new activities related to Accounts that they manage, such as new Tickets, new Appointments, new Documents, new Charges, and more.
- Send Email Alerts to Ticket Managers – Ticket Manager can be notified when new Tickets are assigned to them, or when any changes are made to Ticket status, priority, etc.
- Send Email Alerts to Employees – Employees can stay updated on any activity concerning them, such as new Appointments, new Tasks, etc.
- Send Email Alerts for ALL Tickets – Email alerts can be sent to notify the relevant users, such as Dispatchers or Accountants, on any new tickets that have been opened, or Tickets that have been closed and are ready to be billed.
You can read more about the Alerts Server add-on module here.
New! Save Display Settings
Users can now save their own display settings so that they can reuse the display that is most comfortable to them every time they log in. This can save time, and allows you to arrange the windows as you prefer.
Save Display Settings features:
- Save window locations – Move windows, such as Accounts, Tickets, etc., around on your screen, and resize them as you like. These window locations and sizes will be saved for the next time you log in to the app.
- Save tab size – You can resize the tabs section on your display, and it will be saved so that each time you open a new window, the ratio between the top part of the window and the tabs on the bottom will be the same.
- Save current filters – If you use filters when viewing lists (such as for Accounts, Tickets, Dispatchers, Employees, etc.), you can save the current display so that each time you log in to the system, the same filter will be displayed.
Saving the Display settings is performed from Windows menu > Save Current Open Windows configuration for Next Login.
New! Create New Tickets from a History Note
You can now create a new Ticket from a History Note. This option helps you streamline Ticket creation by enabling you to create a ticket directly from a History Note that was added directly for the Account. For example, a potential customer calls in and you log the call using a History Note. Soon, they become a client and sign a deal. Now you can just open the History Note, and create a new Ticket directly from within it.
To activate this option, you can open the History Note details window, and click More Actions > New Ticket from History Note.
New! Create New Asset from a Charge
You can now create a new Asset directly from within a Charge record (usually a Parts Charge). This way you can easily convert a sold Part into an Asset which will be automatically linked to the Account. Creating a new Asset from a Charge will automatically copy important details from the Charge into the new Asset’s fields, such as the Asset Code, the Asset Name, the Account, Contact, Parts Quantity, Price, and more.
This option is available from the Charges List window or from the Charge Details window from Charges > Create Asset from Charge.
New! Create New Ticket, Asset or Contract from a Sales Opportunity
You can now create a new Ticket, Asset or Contract out of a Sales Opportunity. This will help you streamline your sales process and convert it into action items.
- You win a new service contract with a customer. You can easily convert the Opportunity into a Contract, which will automatically be linked to the Account and will contain the job service agreement description.
- You win a server sales opportunity with an existing customer. Just create an Asset which will be automatically linked to the Account and will contain the sale details (type, price, description, etc.).
- You win an installation job at an existing customer’s site. You turn it into a Contract or Ticket (depending on the size of the job) which will automatically be linked to the Account, and will contain the job description, etc.
Creating Tickets, Assets or Contracts from Sales Opportunity will automatically link them to the relevant Account and Manager, and will copy details from the Sales Opportunity, such as the Description, Name (for Contracts), Price (for Assets) and more.
This option is available from the main Opportunities window on the More Actions menu .
Enhanced! Timer Window
The Timer window has been improved in the following ways:
- Displays the Ticket Number – when you activate several Timers at once you can now easily keep track of which Timer belongs to which Ticket.
- Notes Field – You can now enter Notes right in the Timer window, and if you create a Charge directly from the Timer window, these Notes are automatically copied into the Charge Description.
Enhanced! Tickets with scheduled Appointments Reports
This advanced filtering option for Ticket reports allows you to easily print Ticket reports for all your scheduled visits for specific dates.
You can filter the Ticket reports to print Tickets which have scheduled Appointments in the calendar, for specific dates and employees. This is useful in certain situations, like when you have on-site appointments, and you would like to print out all the Technician Service Forms so that you have the information on hand. Now you can print out all the Service Forms at once, by filtering: All Tickets + scheduled for tomorrow + where I’m the Appointment owner.
This option is available from the Report Generation Window, for all of the Tickets reports. To activate the filtering, check the Filter according to Appointments checkbox
Enhanced! Easily Find Tickets with no Charges
This new filtering option for Ticket reports helps you track Tickets with no charges. You can filter any Ticket report to display only Tickets with no charges linked to them, i.e. Tickets where no work has been logged.
You can combine this filter with the Ticket Status filter, and easily find all Completed Tickets with no Charges. This way you can easily find uncharged Tickets and add the missing charges in order to bill your customers. This will help you capture more billable time and parts used, so you can bill your clients for every appointment and all work done
This option is available from the Report Generation Window, for all of the Tickets reports. To activate the filtering, check the Include Only Tickets with No charges checkbox.
Enhanced! Advanced Ticket Search
More search options have been added to Ticket search, including the ability to easily search for any text in any field in a Ticket, such as the Description field, Resolution and Notes. In addition, the Ticket’s search panel has been enlarged for greater ease of use.
Enhanced! Contract Name Field
The Contract field has been lengthened, and you can now use any meaningful name for your Contracts.
Enhanced! Official Support for Intuit® QuickBooks UK/Canada 2008
The UK and Canadian QuickBooks 2008 versions are now officially supported when using the QuickBooks Link (QuickBooks US 2008 is already supported). UK and Canadian users who use the QuickBooks 2008 edition should make sure to select the correct QuickBooks version in the Tools > Options window, under the QuickBooks tab.