RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

May 21st, 2018, 08:22 AM
joshuatfaw

Hey CommitCRM team! I am interested in setting up the Quickbooks integration with CommitCRM and was curious if anyone has experience configuring the set up? Our company has utilized CommitCRM for the past 3 years and I feel I am not getting the most out of the software since we are not utilizing the QB integration.

I have read through the WiKi and Help Guides but given that we have built a lot of CommitCRM data over the years and did not start out the gate utilizing the integration, I would feel much more comfortable discussing with someone who has experience before trying to 'jump in' head first.

I'm not only looking for some feedback on setting up the integration but more so on the work flow process of generating a proposal, converting it to an actual contract that then generates as an invoice in QuickBooks. Our company is currently severely lacking this automation process and I believe CommitCRM can aid in this problem. However, given our current situation I would just like to further discuss with someone with experience so I can ensure I am setting everything up correctly out the gate.

Please note, our company generates one time invoices for services, as well as, recurring/subscription based invoices via QB. We do utilize CommitCRM to generate proposals for each type of invoice. However, we are currently utilizing Docusign for agreements. As you can see, this creates a lot of unnecessary work and room for human error as we create a proposal and mark as won, then create a docusign agreement and e-mail out and then task billing to create an invoice via quickbooks to actually bill out.

Thanks again in advance for any assistance!

May 21st, 2018, 12:03 PM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

In general setting up and using the QuickBooks Link is a straightforward procedure.

First you should setup the link and connect RangerMSP with QuickBooks company file as explained here.

As you already have customers and items in both QuickBooks and RangerMSP, the next step will be to link between existing records as explained in the following articles:

Link Account to QuickBooks customer
Link Item to QuickBooks item

Note that you do not necessarily need to link all customers up front, you can link it during invoice creation (though not when batch-invoicing).

As for the generating invoices - they can be generated based on the Charges logged in RangerMSP at the Account/Ticket/Contract level - all options are described here.
It is also possible to use a Batch Invoice wizard to generate multiple invoices at once.

As you are using Quotes, won Quote can be converted directly to the QuickBooks invoice or, based on the workflow, the Quote can be converted to the Contract with Charges that then can be invoiced. Quote line items become Quickbooks link items.

Please find some relevant articles:
Convert Quote to invoice
Convert Quote to Contract.

From your question I'm not sure whether or not you use Contracts in RangerMSP, so in case it is relevant, please also review the following guides:

Using Contracts
Contract-Price Charges - Learn how to bill for contracts.
Recurring Contracts

Hope this helps.