RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 11th, 2014, 09:28 AM
itognet

Hi,

We are putting all needed fields into one user tab, so we can hide all system tabs (system tabs are stupid, because we cannot change the width of the fields, and some text cannot be read)

But now we are in a dead end, because I am not allowed to put the deadline field on my user tab.

Can you advise me how this can be done.
Thanks.

November 11th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Support Team

Thanks. What do you mean by the deadline field?

November 11th, 2014, 09:52 AM
itognet

Sorry, the field name is Due Date

November 11th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Support Team

Thanks for the update. Mmm, you are correct and unlike most other fields in the system this is a special field that is tied to the Service Level Agreement (SLA) feature/plan you use (if used). This means that when SLAs are used the Due Date cannot be set manually and it is automatically set by the SLA plan and as such it cannot be "freely" placed elsewhere...

November 17th, 2014, 09:52 AM
AN-Tech

I'm not really understanding why because the due date cannot be set manually we can't use the field on another tab. It should just display and act the same regardless of which tab is using it.

Seems like there are a couple of fields like this that have made have made it so we are unable to use custom tabs they way we need them.

November 17th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Support Team

The Due Date has some dedicated logic applied to it in the original tab (Like conditionally disabling it when the SLA settings for the ticket change) and therefore unlike other fields this requires some additional dev work to support that logic in customized tabs. This is already on our list but openly speaking its priority is low at the moment.

Hope this helps.

November 17th, 2014, 11:14 AM
AN-Tech

If being able to add some of these special fields to custom tabs is not an option we should be able to modify the General tab. There are alot of us that want to be able to get to the information that we need all in one place. Or at the very least be able to fix some of the things that don't make sense in regards to how the tabs are setup.

One example I can give you is that the Status Ext field is on the Details tab. This field should be located on the General tab right next to the Status field. It makes no sense whatsoever to modify the Status, then have to switch to another tab to update the Status Ext.

November 19th, 2014, 02:13 AM
itognet

I agree with ascendnet.

We have translated field names to Danish.

Unfortunately, we have very long words in Danish which is a Problem in CommitCRM because I cannot design the system tabs.