RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 16th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Federico

Hi everyone.

I'm just thinking if there's any method/implementation/external service to implement on a web portal a message chat session (not in realtime) like most ticketing systems like Zendesk.

It would be great for me and my company because if a customer open a ticket and i can reply something like "Your pc have xxx broken. Bla bla bla the cost is € xxx. Confirm the repair?

Here in Italy things goes slow.. eheh

November 16th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Support Team

If I understand you correctly you're looking at something like this forum thread where you write something, we answer, you answer, etc. (unlike a live chat).

This can definitely work with the Web interface. Customer Web Users see the Ticket Description as well as Notes You or They write under this Ticket. All Notes are ordered chronologically so a "thread" can be developed. They write a note, you reply with a note, etc.

I believe that this may work well for you. Ask your customers to add History Notes and reply in the same way.

Hope this helps.
Dina

November 18th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Federico

Thanks Dina,
i'll try and keep you updated..

The only thing that worries me is the web interface. I think that customers want have a minimal and clear history and threaded session..

Otherwise, can i mod/translate the webpage editing files?

November 18th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Support Team

Agreed. We will look into that as a "chat" by notes, as already supported, may be a little easier to the end customer. Thanks.
BTW, the entire Ticket Email Thread is automatically (and very nicely) filed under the Ticket. Click here for more.

Thanks,
Dina

November 19th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Federico

Ok, thanks!
Any method to translate the web template?

November 21st, 2011, 06:27 AM
Support Team

You can rename fields in the system and it'll affect the Web interface. For example, if you change the label of 'Field1' to 'Category' in RangerMSP client it'll also be labeled like this in the Web interface (automatically after a while or immediately after the Web interface service is restarted).

HTH
Dina