RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 7th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Johnathan.Erwich

I am running my laptop with dual screens, when I put the GUI onto screen 2 all the popups (calendar, notes, message boxes, etc.) keep displaying onto screen 1. Is there anyway to fix this - BTW I am still using 5.1.

Thanx in advance

October 8th, 2009, 04:37 AM
lpopejoy

Nope, no way to fix it - except to beg CommitCRM to fix their software.

--Luke

October 8th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Support Team

Hi Guy,

Thanks, fully supporting dual monitors is on our list, and has been discussed on this forum in the past (see this forum thread). I've added your vote on this, and this definitely ups the priority! Thanks,

Neta

December 19th, 2011, 03:27 PM
racassel

Test driving 5.7. Still not fixed. I like to work with my client's remote session on my main monitor, and keep CommitCRM on monitor #2 to the right, but when working in commit, the popup notifications appear in the upper left corner of the first monitor. Annoying.

December 22nd, 2011, 02:46 PM
danoli

Commit, what is with all this 'adding a vote' why not just fix or add things? I really am at a loss with CommitCRM lately, I am sick of having to vote to have things done.

December 23rd, 2011, 04:22 AM
DynamicIT

Commit:
Sometimes in business we have our had down and our backside up, and can think we know what our customers want. Steadfastly we work toward a goal, but sometimes we lose sight of what customers *actually* want. The idea of customers being able to vote on features for development strikes me as a good one. I cannot picture any pitfalls, but I don't know of a company that actually does this. I imagine it would be a challenge to match up customer desires (especially for the "I want it - NOW is fine" generation) with software development practicalities.

Danoli:
It looks like you feel you are banging your head against a brick wall. Life's too short for that. Your ultimate rights as a consumer is to vote with your feet. Perhaps that is something you should consider. We did. Commit's larger competitors have highly tuned sales teams in our recent experience. In our case we decided it was more cost-effective to write our own add-on for CommitCRM to fill a requirement we have that CommitCRM (and competitive products we looked at) does not quite meet the way WE want it done. And I have a couple more add-ons in mind once the first one has been completed in a few weeks. (These may or may not see the light of day.) Also Commit's support is second to none in our experience. Occasionally the answer is no, but we KNOW that a response will come promptly. That is extraordinary from an international vendor these days.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Seasons Greetings everyone!

December 23rd, 2011, 06:13 AM
Support Team

@DynamicIT - thank you for your post and kind words. Prioritizing is one of the harder tasks over here, we get tons of feedback (mostly directly by email) and deciding what to do next is not an easy task, to say the least. Any requested feature left out will disappoint the user that asked for it... this is why it is so hard. Looking back at all of the new features we've added and included in recent releases we hope that we're on the right tracks. No doubt, old items that haven't been approached yet now pop and get more attention and we actually expected it, once the top items are removed from the list the ones pending below are all of a sudden at the top.

Thanks everyone. We hear you and love your feedback.

We're joining your greetings:

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Seasons Greetings everyone!

December 31st, 2011, 09:26 AM
racassel

I have two 23" monitors on swing arms, and would prefer to have CommitCRM on my right monitor. When somethign pops up, I have to shift my eyes from full right, to full left and swing the mouse almost four feet to click okay on a popup alert, then back to the right to continue what I was doing. I'm working a remote session with clients on my primary monitor (the money maker) and any CommitCRM alerts pop up and annoy me, when I should see them on the right with the rest of my chat clients, voip clients etc. Just so you know how annoying it can be the way it works now with two monitors.

February 5th, 2014, 09:31 AM
gcstech

This is an issue that most software makers have resolved. Commit still doesn't remember where the window was placed. Open Commit, move it to secondary monitor ( I use 4) close commit. Reopen and it opens again in the main screen again. All other applications I use regularly (around 30 or so) all remember the last window position. That seems minor but it drives me crazy to everyday have to move the window.

February 5th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Support Team

RangerMSP app does remember its size a location for the next session, however it does indeed not storing the monitor. We'll look into that. Thanks.

February 9th, 2014, 03:44 AM
hayden

Just to add, CommitCRM doesn't seem to remember where we put the details tab (general etc) when it's moved monitor. It slides to the top again. Can show an example if needed.

February 10th, 2014, 06:01 AM
Support Team

Hayden,
Can you please clarify how exactly position of General/Details tab changes?
Screenshot may help as well so email one if possible.

November 16th, 2015, 06:51 AM
Belose

Any word on when we will be able to run CommitCRM on the monitor we prefer to? Thanks.

November 16th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Support Team

At this time we do not have any updates about it.
You CAN move RangerMSP window to another monitor. However running the application again will open it on the main monitor.

(Update from RangerMSP Team: Starting with RangerMSP 18 you can pop-out any window in the app and move it to another monitor.)