RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Eric Daniels

Good Afternoon,

I have a question for that i could not find an answer for but may have overlooked. I run dual monitors on my PC and with my workflow i tend to like to have CommitCRM open on my secondary monitor.

I have had one issue with this though. When running on that monitor the pulldown menus / mouseover tips do not work correctly. Meaning they do not appear on my secondary display but appear on the primary display. If i have CommitCRM running in the primary display all works fine. Has anyone else noticed this same issue or is someone aware of it and possible fix coming for it?

Thanks so much for your time.

Eric Daniels

August 25th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Support Team

Hey Eric, this issue has come up in this forum in the past (see this thread), and we hope to handle this in the future. Thanks for bringing it up.

Neta

(Update from RangerMSP Team: Starting with version 18 you can pop-out any window in the app and move it to another monitor.)

August 25th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Eric Daniels

Thanks for the reply, but this does not appear to be the same question as mine. Sorry i may have been a bit unclear.

I am currently running it in the 2nd monitor as mentioned and i am not looking to run differnt windwos per monitor as the user posted. My issue is that when i have CommitCRM open on the 2nd monitor it does not allow the drop down menus and other "popups" ot be displayed correctly.

A few examples, just hovering the mouse over any given field will give the mouse tip for that field. I does not show up directly below the mouse as it should, instead it shows the tip on the 1st monitor which does not have CommitCRM open in it. Or if i open a New Ticket and use the drop down fields for things like Account, Contract, Asset, All these things do not display the drop down directly below where i click rather makes them open in the first monitor.

Hope this helps descibe the issue alittle more.

Again thanks for your time.

August 25th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Support Team

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the clarification. I understand what you mean, and this is indeed a known issue when working with multiple monitors (I believe I referred you to a thread which is less relevant to this specific issue). We have an open request to fix this, and I know that this is also something which may be handled as part of the multiple monitors support. I'm afraid that at the moment I don't have an easy solution for this, and I believe it will work best when running the application on the 1st monitor only. In any case, I added your vote for this to be fixed!

Neta

August 25th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Eric Daniels

Neta,

Thanks so much for this information. Just wondered if it was a known issue and if there was a fix in the future plans. Again thanks for such a promt response!!!

Have a great day!

Eric Daniels

August 25th, 2009, 03:39 PM
ebuhrendorf

Another Dual Monitor user here looking forward to a fix :)

August 27th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Insight101

...and here! I drag and drop files and emails into CommitCRM regularly. Works fine when CommitCRM is on primary display, but not when it is on secondary (extended desktop).

August 31st, 2009, 07:04 AM
lpopejoy

...and 50% of us probably have at least two monitors! :) I have learned to deal with it, but it would be nice to be able to use CommitCRM on whichever monitor I wanted to!

September 28th, 2009, 04:14 PM
nattivillin

A few other software packages i have does the same thing. It would be nice to use CommitCRM (or the others) on either monitor.