RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 20th, 2017, 05:51 AM
anthonyatech

Hi all,

Thanks ahead of time for any input! We utilize the email connector for tickets by email from customers. In addition, as many of you most likely do, we will utilize CommitCRM to send an email regarding a ticket back to the client. The question I have is this: Is there a way to configure who CommitCRM sends the email as? For example, when I send a ticket update to a client from within CommitCRM it utilizes my name as the sender as the email connector account, not the email connectors account name (Support). In the future when a client sends me an email directly, they will send it not knowingly to the support system because when they start typing my name, the email connector email address populates instead of mine due to the way CommitCRM labels the sent email and this is becoming more troublesome than anything else. I would like if someone can explain how to get the email sending via CommitCRM to utilize the email connector's address and name it accordingly instead of using my name or my tech's name.

Thanks!

August 21st, 2017, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Currently there is no option to overwrite the sender name in the employee replies with a generic support name. We have such request on our list and will add your comment there.

June 20th, 2018, 01:56 PM
Vowcorp

We need this too. It is a pain, and we don't want customers to only then work with 1 person because that is who's name is on the email. They should be able to work with any of our employees, but CommitCRM puts the tech's name on it, and now customers think they can only work with that one tech.

I know it is on the list, but any ETA for this?

June 21st, 2018, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

The option to use a unified Sender name for Employee replies was introduced in version 18.

In case you already use version 18, you can change the settings for the Email Connector to use a generic Sender Name using these instructions.

Restarting the 'RangerMSP Server' service on your server is required to have the change applied immediately.

Hope this helps.