Return Material Authorization (RMA)
You can manage Return Material Authorization (RMA) with CommitCRM Asset Management. By using CommitCRM Assets to manage RMAs, you can follow-up on the Ticket status while the part is out for repair, and keep the RMA number for easy tracking of the equipment/part when communicating with the repair company.
Possible RMA work-flow:
- The customer reports a problem, and a Ticket is opened for the Asset
- The technician makes an on-site visit and finds that the equipment is defective.
- Technician sends the equipment back to the manufacturer for repair. At this stage you may receive the manufacturer RMA number.
- Update the Ticket:
- Change the Status to indicate he part is out for repair
- Set the RMA number in the Ticket's/Asset's customizable fields (in the Details Tab, see Field1, Field2 - these can be customized and renamed by right-clicking the field name and selecting Field Settings...).
- Log that you've sent the product for repair in the Asset History tab so that this is part of the Asset's history record.
- Optional: From the Ticket's Pending tab, add a task with a reminder to check the repair status in X days
- When equipment is back -
- Change the Ticket Status back to "New", and set the "Show Ticket in Dispatcher" flag so it will appear in the Dispatcher window for scheduling.
- From the Dispatcher window, reschedule the Ticket for an on-site visit in order to install the fixed equipment (this will change the Ticket status to "Scheduled")
- If the Asset was replaced (rather than fixed) you can set the previous Asset status to Not Active, copy the Asset to a new Asset record and use this newly created record to represent the current Asset (with its current manufacturer serial numbers, etc.).
- Perform the on-site visit, return the fixed equipment to the customer, and close the Ticket.