RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 22nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
TomasH

Using Version 4.5 I have added a couple of Custom Tabs & Custom Fields. How do I make these available in the Web Interface?

Tanks,

TomasH

October 23rd, 2008, 06:51 AM
Support Team

Hi TomasH,

Any customization to existing fields, including the pre-defined custom fields (such as Field1, Field2, etc.) is available in the Web Interface (you should restart the service in order for the changes to take effect). Unfortunately, fields which you add to your own user-defined tabs are currently not available via the Web Interface.

Sherry

October 31st, 2008, 08:57 PM
pbolton

Hello,

Do you know when this will be available feature? this was one of things I had to have since my techs will be using the web interface. It was the final reason I decided to purchase this software was for this ability.

November 3rd, 2008, 06:43 AM
Support Team

Hi,

As mentioned, pre-defined user fields are available in the Web Interface already. The system also allows you greater flexibility by defining your own user-defined tabs and fields in the application. Accessing these fields via the Web Interface is on our to-do list, and we may indeed support this in the future, however, this is not trivial as it should actually render HTML templates on-the-fly based on endless customizations options performed by our users, that said, we are looking into it.

At the moment, you may consider setting the most important fields using the pre-defined ones (Field1, Field2, etc.). This provides some flexibility, and you may find it useful enough (you can modify these fields labels as well as their drop down list of values). If you require more user-defined fields as part of your wok-flow for techs while on-site, you may consider using Terminal Services in order to allow your employees to access the system remotely using the application which needed. This is usually not required, only when you really need the user-defined fields which are not already available for you.

As mentioned, your feedback is taken into further considerations. Thanks for the additional feedback and emphasis regarding your need for this.

Sherry

December 2nd, 2009, 09:22 PM
aaspeer

Has this issue been worked on any further? I just designed a custom asset tab with many fields for access information, and I cant see them on the web interface!

I just switched to LabTech for monitoring and can no longer use the field customizations I had configured as it overwrites that information on each update.

Can we put this issue to vote for importance and see how soon we can get it fixed?

Thanks,

Austin Speer
Onward Incorporated

December 3rd, 2009, 09:45 AM
Support Team

Hi Austin,

Thanks for posting this.

We have not heard of any complications regarding Labtech's RangerMSP Plug-In, specifically regarding the Asset data saved in RangerMSP. The data inputted by the LabTech plugin does not write any data to the Custom-tab database table, and therefore should not be affected by it.

If you're missing the data from the custom assets tab, then we suggest there may be an underlying reason for this. We ask that you send us s the following screenshots to Support @ :

* Asset menu > Tools > Tab Management

* assets screen (Select the correct asset) > Notes tab > Click Record ID (Before & After Labtech Update) (Located in bottom bar)

* User Defined Asset tab (Before & after the Asset update from LabTech)

We also ask that you send us the RangerMSP log files, found in Help menu > Technical Support. We'll let you know what we find, as soon as the results get back from analysis.

Regards,

Reno Breen

December 3rd, 2009, 10:24 AM
aaspeer

I was misunderstood. I just created a new tab because labtech overwrote what I had in CommitCRM default fields in other tabs (Computername, IP address, etc...)

Now that I have my new tab, I have no way to look at this information in anything other than the CommitCRM client which is why I asked if there were any plans in adding custom tabs to the web interface.

Thanks,

Austin Speer
Onward Incorporated

October 21st, 2010, 07:47 AM
Support Team

Quick update:

Starting with RangerMSP 5.5 the Web Interface shows user-defined custom fields as discussed above.

Employees can now see custom fields when using the Web Interface, providing you access to valuable information stored in these fields, even when you are out of the office, using the Web Interface. For example, if you add custom fields to Assets to hold IP addresses, special notes, passwords, etc. they will now be displayed to technicians when on-site via the Web Interface.

>> Read more about what's new in RangerMSP 5.5.

The RangerMSP Team