RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 29th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Craig Corfield

Hi Everyone,

Just thought i would help everyone else out here. Over the past week or so we have been implementing a powerful survey feature to our ticketing system. We have looked at all the surveying tools available and have found the best out there.

Using a survey tool called super simple survey we are able to pipe the data from the ticket closed email as well as the ticket status change email into online surveys for real powerful BI.

As an added bonus we are able to hide all the information into hidden fields so the client simply sees a 4 question survey that is very colourful and engaging.

There are also question rules that allow for certain fields to be displayed given a certain answer. Eg if a customer rates the service as a 4 or below then a hidden field gets displayed asking how we could have improved the service etc.

July 29th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Craig Corfield

Here is what the survey looks like:

July 29th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Craig Corfield

Here is what the email to the client looks like:
-----------------------------

-----------------------------
And yes the piping does work so whatever the customer clicks on (eg 7) then that data is already filled in on the survey.

You can do very awesome stuff with CommitCRM! We are starting to integrate this and a lot more into Power BI which is giving incredible results!

Will keep everyone posted.

July 31st, 2017, 06:08 AM
Support Team

This looks awesome, thanks for sharing.
(screenshots were moved inline).

July 31st, 2017, 07:15 AM
Craig Corfield

Hi Commit, please advise how best to embed the image? I want to add the power BI dashboard to this thread as that the real power of the surveys.

Thanks

July 31st, 2017, 07:38 AM
Support Team

You can attach the image to your post and we then update it and replace it with the inline image.
You can also email us the image and we will upload it to the forum.

July 31st, 2017, 08:02 AM
Craig Corfield

This is the result using Power Bi to get a fully interactive dashboard

July 31st, 2017, 07:51 PM
lpopejoy

Craig, great work!

How well do those circles with #'s come through? (As in are they images or just HTML code)

We did something similar with the CommitCRM API and update a field back in commitCRM - but I like what you did with the email. Looks sharp!

August 3rd, 2017, 08:27 AM
Craig Corfield

Hi Luke,

Thanks. The numbers are images each with their own piping code so that the user doesnt have to fill that detail out again. They are highly compressed (1KB each) so each mail has loaded the images without any problem so far. Have you done an html code like this before?

I would suggest putting the data back in CommitCRM in a field but we are still working on the Power Bi integration into the Advantage database. you know 32 bit ODBC connection doesnt play well with 64 bit Power BI and 32 bit Power BI just has endless problems with memory so thats a bit of a tricky one so once we have that sorted i think the data going back into a field in CommitCRM with Power Bi reporting on it would be incredible!!!

August 3rd, 2017, 09:37 AM
lpopejoy

Craig,

The problem with images (IMO) is that they are typically blocked unless you do a base64 incode and send it as part of the email - which I have not been able to do with the CommitCRM Email Templates.

We currently follow the same approach but just use HTML links. That then hits a PHP script that send an XML email that updates a custom field in CommitCRM with the score.

That then redirects the users to a more robust survey form as well.

We've had about 5000 tickets get scored this way so far - it's incredibly helpful.

But I like the way you've extended this with PowerBI. You just gave me some more work to do. :)

August 4th, 2017, 02:31 AM
Craig Corfield

Hi Luke,

Fully agree with the image problem. It does seem to be working but agree that the html coding in the email for the numbers is the right way to go.

Using Power BI to pull the data from your custom fields in CommitCRM can be a bit of a mission, especially if you on a older database. Would love to see what you come up with so please post a pic when you manage to get it all together :)

Out of curiosity did you manage to make numbers with a background colour using pure html? Never done it with pure html before, with css it would be easy but pure html circle number would be incredibly "challenging"

August 4th, 2017, 07:03 AM
lpopejoy

Hey Craig, here's a pic of what our ticket survey looks like:

August 4th, 2017, 07:05 AM
lpopejoy

...so to answer your question, yes, it is "pure html", but no circles. I was too lazy to figure that out, plus unsure of how it would render across different platforms.

I can share the email template with you if you would like.

The way we have it setup, as soon as someone clicks the link, it grades the ticket (saved in CommitCRM) instantly. From there, the additional survey questions get saved in a a Google Spreadsheet.

August 4th, 2017, 07:07 AM
lpopejoy

I then wrote a dashboard to graph this out (but Power BI would be easier probably...)

August 5th, 2017, 09:59 AM
nattivillin

How would a novice utilize something like this?

August 6th, 2017, 01:08 PM
Craig Corfield

Hi Luke,

That looks really decent!

I suppose you could put each category in a table to colour each background. Colouring the background is easy enough but then shaping the corners and all that is where the fun will start.

I love what you did with it writing back into CommitCRM immediately. Really automates the whole process. Im gonna work on the html code for coloured circles with numbers and ill pass it on when i get it right. Then you can stick with the coloured letters or change it to coloured background.

How does it score the ticket type back into the survey? Are you piping the field info from the email? (Mac Support, Business IT Support)

Hi nattivillin, set up a skype session with Luke, hes got some great development work that hes done with CommitCRM.

Otherwise check out www.supersimplesurvey.com they cheap enough and have their own graphs and statistics built into each package to use them alone. We have power BI connecting to our CommitCRM database so it was simpler just to integrate our surveys into Power BI.

August 7th, 2017, 07:17 AM
lpopejoy

@Craig - I'm not putting the ticket type in the survey. I'm just sending the score back to Commit email connector as "XML by Email". I'm saving the score in a custom field. Then, for the dashboard, I'm using ODBC to query the ticket types/score, etc to display on the dashboard.

@nattivillin, I'd be glad to share the PHP script that I use on our webserver to create the responses for CommitCRM. Let me know if you would like it!

August 7th, 2017, 07:21 AM
lpopejoy

I uploaded our email template if you want it. Obviously you will need to tweak it for your use.

August 29th, 2018, 09:51 PM
Stanley Ng

Both Luke & Craig Corfield did a good job on custom reporting.

Hopefully can get learn both of your strength and add-value to our internal CommitCRM.

September 12th, 2018, 08:36 AM
AbsolutelyPC

Some great work and this is something I was looking to implement soon. Would you be interested in implementation of this sort of system for us (paid of course)

September 13th, 2018, 05:29 AM
Craig Corfield

Hi,

Would be glad to assist. Much easier to replicate it. With your guys exchange rate it would be pennies to you as well.

Please send me a mail to craig@multi.co.za and we can discuss further.

September 19th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Stanley Ng

@Craig,

Our country currency is small.
Anyway, will send you an email regarding this. Thank You.

September 20th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Craig Corfield

Hi Stanley Ng,

Not to worry. We are based in South Africa so have a relative exchange rate. We have recently signed an implementation deal with Absolutely PC.

I have replied on email with more details and to set up a demonstration.

Look forward to your response.

October 4th, 2018, 03:32 AM
Craig Corfield

We have just finished working with Stanley on the asset report which you can get a better understanding of here