RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 29th, 2011, 12:51 PM
dcherman1

Configuration as follows: Windows 2008 R2 servers, one running as the CRM server with Advantage database installed, the other as a terminal server. Both servers hosted on vmware server. No antivirus on either server, both firewalls updated to allow proper ports thru.
CommitCRM loads very quickly, most functions run at acceptable speeds except for reports. As an example the Account Charges report will take 1 to 2 minutes to display the first page another 30 seconds or more to go to page 2, etc. A 4 page report will take almost 4 minutes to view all pages. When going from 1 page to the next I see a message in the bottom status bar indicating "drawing page 2 of 2 for report" for quite a while.
I have tried disabling the firewalls on both servers, setup ADS.INI with lan ip and port, verified port in ads config tool. None of these helped the speed at all. CPU and memory utilization are very low. Running the report directly on the server operates as expected, 4 page report can be viewed from beginning to end in under 5 seconds.
What can be done to speed these reports up from the terminal server?

October 31st, 2011, 06:34 AM
Support Team

Well, this is a hard one...

You wrote:
Quote:
Running the report directly on the server operates as expected, 4 page report can be viewed from beginning to end in under 5 seconds.
This means that there's no problem running RangerMSP on the server itself - no I/O issue.

You also mentioned that all standard operations work well over the Terminal Services session, except for print the report... which is an intensive database operation, however, as this operation works well on the server itself this is not the issue.
This probably brings us to networking speed issues between the two VMWare virtual servers. VMWare uses virtual network adapters and bridge communications so maybe this is the place to look at and try to hack its settings.

Last thing I can think of right now is your logo. In case you've embedded a graphical logo and used a large image file for it not that the image file is transferred to the RangerMSP client when the report prints... I shouldn't, however, take that much time to be transferred over the virtual network between the server but I thought I would mention it anyway.

Hope this helps.
Dina

November 5th, 2011, 12:20 PM
dcherman1

Dina, no logo setup at this point, just company name etc in plain text. I will check out the VM NICs. Not sure the problem is hear though as QB runs from the the TS to the same VM as CRM.

November 5th, 2011, 02:20 PM
dcherman1

Well, tried all manner of config changes, different nic drivers (e1000 vs vmxnet3), disable tcp offloading etc. and no change. I can copy a 300 mg file in 2.5 seconds so I dont think the network is the issue here.

November 7th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Support Team

It sounds like everything is well configured... Well, I really don't know what to say... all is working well on your server and network except for when using it with TS under your virtual VM server. We've never heard of a similar issue. Maybe your log files will teach us something new... though I'm not sure. Please use the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP to send us your RangerMSP log files for analysis.

Thanks,
Dina

January 7th, 2012, 06:50 PM
dcherman1

I know this is outdated, but in case anyone runs into this, the slow reports were related the redirected printers in the RDP session. FYI

January 9th, 2012, 04:27 AM
DynamicIT

Thanks for letting us know. This may apply to other apps we may come across in the future.