RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM
desktopdoctors

I currently use CommitCRM to generate invoices in Quickbooks. I have found myself doing a lot of double data entry and would like a way to minimize my work....cuz im lazy ;)
When we check in computers, we fill out the Description field with the customer problems etc. I need to find a way to have this information listed on the invoice when I sync to quickbooks. Is there a way to have customized fields added to the sync process? Like the description field? That would be awesome.

Thanks for any advice or recommendations in advance!

February 17th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Support Team

The Description is not added but rather the Charge records details are. What you can do is simply add a Charge and copy the Ticket Description to the Charge Description. You can use a dedicated Item for this Charge (call this Item "Ticket", for example, and set its price to $0) make the Charge billable and it'll make its way to the Invoice. It takes a few clicks but will provide you with an immediate solution.

Hope this helps.
Sheli

February 17th, 2011, 03:14 PM
lpopejoy

What you are mentioning is a problem for those who do "Point of Service" payment/invoice. What we do to fix this is just print the invoice fromCommitCRM. This allows you much more flexibility in the presentation of the data/problem/description/resolution/charges. The big problem with that though is the receipt of payments (that has to be done as a separate process, later) and if you use QB Merchant services for credit card processing.