RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 21st, 2016, 06:25 AM
I-Netcs

I use CommitCRM to store passwords etc. for myself and my business.

I don't do it under notes, because it can easily get very unorganized quickly.

I like to use Assets (I know not ideal) because for each account I simply make an asset.

It works fine for me, the only problem is employees also have access to this info. which I may or may not care to share.

What is the best way to deal with this?

December 21st, 2016, 08:35 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

As you mentioned, you may consider storing passwords under Assets where the more suitable place may be using Configuration Note for Assets.
It is also possible to fill passwords using a Structured Note under an Account.
Both options will allow you to organize the data, however it still will be visible and accessible for other users.

We would recommend keeping sensitive information that should not be visible for other employee as encrypted document files that are protected with a password (like a password protected Word doc) and also secured by file access rights over the network (e.g. that other users won't have access to the physical location this files is stored in). Such files can be filed as a document under Asset/Account.

Hope this helps.

(Update from Support Team: the Password Manager was introduced in version 16.)

December 21st, 2016, 01:54 PM
I-Netcs

This maybe a good feature for each client, you so we can store passwords or other sensitive data.

December 22nd, 2016, 06:00 AM
Support Team

Thank you. We have just logged your suggestion.

For what it worth, it is possible to prevent users from accessing Assets by removing the 'Manage Assets' permission .

Hope this helps.

December 22nd, 2016, 12:55 PM
northwestmsp

Some way to limit the ability for users to access even general account notes/Structured notes would be useful. Right now we keep a lot of sensitive data in some of our business accounts and it would be nice to be able to segregate that off from certain residential employees.

December 22nd, 2016, 01:17 PM
Support Team

Noted. Thank you!

December 23rd, 2016, 09:18 AM
AN-Tech

+1

January 8th, 2017, 05:54 PM
nattivillin

+1 I asked for this a long time ago. The asset section should have rights for different tabs. Then you can control who sees what.