RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 4th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Yaredo

Dear CommitCRM support

We are comfortable with CommitCRM and thanks for the

1. How can I escalate tickets to another technician when I need to transfer the work to a higher level( Tier) technician
2. when I dispatch a ticket to a technician will they got an email confirmation?

Thanks

Jared

January 4th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Support Team

Hi Jared,

Thanks for sending this in.
In order to escalate an existing ticket to a more experienced technician, we suggest adjusting the Ticket Manager Field to have the name of the technician you want to use.

If you use the Alert Server, then an automated email alert will be sent to the new technician notifying him of the change, and any other changes to the ticket as long as the ticket is under his responsibility.

Let us know if you have any questions on this topic.

Regards,
Reno Breen

January 4th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Yaredo

Reno Breen,

Thanks for the reply and that was the answer I was looking for.

Another question: if we got an order for a new part or item ,is this something we can put in an opportunity?

Thanks,

Yared

January 5th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Support Team

Hi Yared,

Thanks for the great comments, and for posting this question.
Since charges cannot be created under an opportunity, we'd suggest using a ticket for such an occasion, and give this type of walk-in sale a ticket type in the Tickets > General Tab (you can call it purchase). Once you've created the ticket and selected the type of ticket, you can optionally type in a description & resolution, and then add your charges.

Alternatively, you can add charges into the system without having a ticket, by creating a new ticket in the [b]Charges Screen[b], and select an account for the new charge, or optionally create a new account on the spot, by clicking the (+) icon on the account selection bar in the new charge window.
[list][*]For more information see Charges Wiki.
Let us know if you have any questions on this topic.

Regards,
Reno