RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 25th, 2012, 04:23 AM
itognet

Hi,

What will happen, when two different companies is running CommitCRM with 0500- ticket nummers.

And Company 1 is sending a mail to company 2 publib email, then a ticket will be created.
But what about the answer, if the ticket number ALSO exist at Company 1s CommitCRM system.

Do you get the point ?

- Why I ask, is what if I sell CommitCRM to some of my customers, then that situation will occur.

June 25th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Support Team

The Ticket number is NOT the only item being checked when processing emails. The system also checks who sent it (an employee? a customer?)? what the sender role? etc. and only then processes the message (once validation is completed successfully).

The Public Email Address of both companies is also different, as well as the email address of the employees replying to Tickets.

So all in all it should work well.

On a side note I would mention that it is very easy to increment the Ticket numbering. So, even if all should work as explained above, you can still increment the Ticket numbering in your customer RangerMSP's so it will not start from 1,000 but rather will start from 70,000 (for example).

March 4th, 2013, 05:27 AM
itognet

FYI, soon I will install a CommitCRM system at a customer

I tried to create the scenario... and it does NOT work, sorry to tell.

If the ticket number exists in both systems then:
The email will be archived in BOTH CommitCRM systems under the corresponding ticket nummer.
In system 1 it is okey as it should.
In system 2, it just get archived under that ticket number - Not belonging there.

If the ticket number does NOT exist in one of the two systems, the email create this error:
*** Errors occurred while processing the attached Email.
You should process this Email manually.
Reason: Ticket 0500-70203 Not Found

Bonusinfo is, that in time CommitCRM will be installed in let say 10 different companies, all of them will be emailing my CommitCRM system...

So can you please tell me how to deal with this ?

March 4th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Support Team

Indeed you cannot automatically "ping-pong" between systems as this might confuse the other system (or your system) accordingly. Scenario noted. Thank you for discussing this.

March 4th, 2013, 11:39 AM
lpopejoy

Commit,

Just curious, but to make this work, can the "pre-defined format" for the subject be modified?

see here

So basically itnognet's system could look for subjects like "Ticket # (0500-1000)" instead of "Ticket [0500-1000]" (Commit's default). Is it possible to change the identification rules that CommitCRM uses to identify a ticket # in the subject line?

March 4th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Support Team

Good thinking, however the format is fixed and therefore it will not work :-(

March 7th, 2013, 01:13 AM
itognet

Commit,

can you verify that it is a problem, or it is me doing it wrong.

March 7th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Support Team

What you are trying to achieve with this cannot be implement as the two systems will try to hijack each other ticket number and they will probably fail to do so. So yes, this 'ping-pong' scenario does not work.

Hope this helps.

June 4th, 2013, 09:18 AM
itognet

I have already sold CommitCRM for some of my customers, and planning more installations too.

But it seems to be a very bad idea, because two CommitCRM systems cannot handle the tickets numbering.

June 4th, 2013, 06:10 PM
BDTECHRob

Why don't you just increment the ticket numbers on one of the systems to say an 9 figure number? you will have years before it ever becomes an issue