RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 30th, 2011, 11:36 PM
asb924

Hi Guys,

There are a few posts in your forums about dual screen support from 2008 and 2009.
Are you guys still working on this?
We need dual screen support or the ability to open 2 seperate CommitCRM windows.

We cant span the window, we need 2 separate windows.

Thanks.

June 30th, 2011, 11:54 PM
lbrickpe

... and how about fixing the bug that opens the calender, and other popup windows on the primary screen, when CommitCRM is open on a secondary screen!!

July 1st, 2011, 05:17 AM
nicklloyd

It is weird how some popup windows open in the right place and others open on another monitor!

Nick

July 1st, 2011, 06:13 AM
Support Team

Thanks guys.

You are all right with your feedback. We have this on file and due to other priorities haven't approached it yet. I'll ping the team about this now.

Thanks,
Dina

July 5th, 2011, 06:12 AM
asb924

Thanks for the fast response. It's getting frustrating not being able to have CommitCRM on 2 screens and not being able to have 2 windows open to see 2 views at once. It would be great to say see dispatcher and ticket view on separate screens at once. ;)

August 12th, 2011, 09:33 PM
DynamicIT

Mee Too, regarding the calendar and tool tips (when hovering above the open Windows area) showing on another monitor. Sometimes it would be nice to have two separate windows open.

When testing, see if the behaviour is different when the primary screen (i.e. with the Start menu) is on the right hand side and on the left)

August 13th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Mister-c

I'll also add my vote to both dual screen support and being able to have multiple windows open. It would certainly improve usability.

August 13th, 2011, 06:56 AM
lpopejoy

+10. :)

August 14th, 2011, 04:44 PM
hayden

I've never needed this until now. Tickets are pouring off the screen. Being able to dock the ticket window to another screen would be awesome. As well as being able to show it on a big screen in the office (please add auto refresh to the ticket screen).

August 14th, 2011, 04:55 PM
swallservices

+1,000,000 to auto refresh. Techs may be proficient at their job, but remembering to click refresh regularly is a PITA. Too many times I've seen someone idle not doing anything staring at a blank ticket board for an hour before I realize they are taking a paid break and doing nothing because they "forgot" to click the refresh button...

I don't know if they are forgetting or not... but I'd love to take that excuse away :)

October 12th, 2011, 10:24 AM
shibuminet

I just noticed these dual monitor problems today when I had my laptop hooked up with a second monitor. When adding a new labor charge on a ticket and you click on Item (Labor), the selection menu appears on my primary monitor when CommitCRM is on the secondary. Also, the calender pops up on the upper left part of my primary. I notice these posts are a few months old, so I'm wondering if these problems ever got fixed.

October 12th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Support Team

Thank you for following up. We still advise to use RangerMSP on the main monitor and not on the secondary one exactly because of what you described (no changes yet).

October 12th, 2011, 10:37 AM
shibuminet

Okay, thanks for the quick reply. I will try to remember to use it only on the main monitor and check back for updates :)

October 21st, 2011, 03:40 PM
raymond

unfortunately, CommitCRM sits open most of the day and we actually have to work on other stuff... :-)

we need it to work in multi-monitor environments better... in addition, it would be really nice if it would remember the window layout upon close... evey time I open CommitCRM I have to re-size and lay out the intenal windows to my liking...

finally, real time (or near real time) refreshes in these windows is pretty necessary as well...

thanks --

//ray

October 21st, 2011, 04:05 PM
Support Team

Some help:

After selecting all Window sizes within RangerMSP go to the Windows menu (within RangerMSP) and select 'Save Current Open Windows Configuration for Next Logins".

HTH
Dina

October 27th, 2011, 12:18 AM
asb924

Guys any update on the dual screens?

October 27th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Support Team

Not yet :-(

(Update from RangerMSP Team: Starting with version 18 you can pop-out any window in the app and move it to another monitor.)

November 10th, 2011, 11:16 AM
raymond

had an issue the other day where I couldn't set the date on a ticket because the windows were on separate monitors... it kept crashing the ticket.

//ray