RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 19th, 2014, 12:36 PM
aaspeer

I don't know if I have said this before, but it would be really awesome to have some kind of recurring billing module for contracts, monthly RMM charges, etc... that is built into CommitCRM. It would of course then push to quickbooks or whatever - but since we already manage our contracts, etc... within CommitCRM seeing a feature like this would make life immensely more simple.

Just a thought.

Austin Speer
Onward IT Consultants

June 19th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Support Team

Well, most of our users probably do just that in RangerMSP alread! E.g. manage monthly recurring Contracts in RangerMSP, renew them in batches, generate monthly invoices in batch (to QuickBooks), and manage the contract price using Contract-price Charges to represent the different services, including for RMM monitoring, in RangerMSP.

Please find some useful links:

Pricing your Contracts

Recurring Contracts

Batch Invoicing to QuickBooks

Hope this helps.

June 19th, 2014, 10:08 PM
aaspeer

I understand the concept and we use it for some things. What I was really looking for was an automated way to do it. Put in an initial start date, and end date, define the terms, chargeable items, etc... then have the charges just exist within CommitCRM and ready to go without any further interaction for push to quickbooks. Some other CRM solutions do this - i'm a commit user through and through, but I get envious of some of the other features some of our technology partners have within their PSA and CRM products.

June 20th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Support Team

The idea in RangerMSP is to spend 2-5 minutes each month to review the coming renewals in a list and then batch renew it all for the next month. While in theory this short step could have been skipped, we think that such an important part of your business (e.g. your monthly contracts and customer invoicing) worth the few minutes it requires reviewing the list. You can find contracts that you should bill more for etc. very easy. In any case, feedback noted.

June 25th, 2014, 10:10 AM
nevstyles

How about having reminders when contracts are due

June 25th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Support Team

Interesting idea. We have something new that is coming that will provide a good solution for this... stay tuned.

Besides, you can currently easily print a report for all coming expiring Contracts - either expiring by date, or expiring by block value, e.g. with low balanced remained on the block, all generating the 'Contract List by Type and Expiration' report'.

June 25th, 2014, 11:07 AM
aaspeer

My point was more along the lines of things like 'Domain Renewals' that we handle. I don't need a contract within CommitCRM - because it isn't a contract, just a charge that happens once a year.

July 18th, 2014, 10:40 AM
nevstyles

Can you tell me about a contract reminder solution yet please :)

July 18th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Support Team

Well, as you're a member of the new Beta, if you'll read the new features again, you should find it!

The Report Scheduler add-on module allows to schedule periodic reports to be emailed to you automatically listing all Contracts that are expired or about to expire.

November 12th, 2018, 06:06 AM
Support Team

Starting with version 20 you can use the Recurring Charges feature that provides an automated way to charge customers for recurring services and in some cases may be used instead of Contracts and the related Contract-Price Charges.