RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 17th, 2012, 10:46 AM
PCDoctorsltd

Hi

I am new to CommitCRM CRM

Looks like a great product, I am trying to set it up and give it a test
I have configured it to open tickets for any new email that belongs to my client list
This works great as it automatically creates a new ticket each time an email is received
Problems are:

1: It deletes the email from outlook so I never know I received in email - normally I could tell that I got a new message by having unread messages in my Outlook inbox. CommitCRM doesn’t tell me that a new ticket has been created and this means constantly remembering and checking how many open tickets I have

2: I land up having open many multiple open tickets for the same job as most clients send 10s of emails a day regarding their computer

3: any email not from a client in my CommitCRM database gets automatically deleted to (i have no idea) i see the email in my inbox for a few seconds and then it’s gone for good - not even in the deleted box - so in the meantime i have disables the service as it has deleted so many client emails that I don’t know how to find

Please advise thanks
Alan

December 17th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Support Team

Hi Alan!

Please find our feedback:

1. The mailbox you use for the email connector should solely be used for the email connector and not used by any application (like Outlook).

No worries though - First you can select to always receive the original email the customer sent to your personal email address, the email connector will automatically forward it to you. For this check your user settings under Tools > Options > Tickets-2 tab. Select to receive all communication and you're done. Not only this but when you reply to this email, your reply goes to the email connector, which in turn file it under the Ticket in RangerMSP and distribute the reply to the customer!
Click the link to learn all about how Ticket Email threading works.

In addition you can configure RangerMSP Alerts Server module to send you email alerts when different events occurs, including when a new ticket is opened by a customer (whether by email or by using the Customer Web portal). Please click here and then select the relevant alerts server guide/video.

2. Use the 'Ticket Merge' option for this, it'll merge all data of the merged ticket into the Master ticket, this including merging notes, charges, and more. This option is found on the main menu under Tools > Data Tools > Ticket Merge.

3. As mentioned for #1 above - you should NOT use the email address/mailbox you assign to the email connector. For example if you assign the Support@yourdomain.com to the email connector - do NOT fetch any email messages from this mailbox. Let the email connector do that.
Now - when the Sender is not identified that email does not get lost - the email connector forwards it automatically to the email address you configure for it using ServerConfig - the 'Internal Email Address'. This is the email address you should check in your Outlook. Any email that is not processed for any reason will be sent there.

Hope this helps.