RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 25th, 2017, 10:36 AM
stwman11

I'm messing around with the create ticket by email function. My idea is to simply forward an email from my account to the email address I set up and have the system create a ticket. This is working. However, since the system cannot find a matching account, it creates the ticket under my account, which would be fine, and was was I expected, but I cannot change the account - there is no magnifying glass next to the account, just the +/-. This could be, I think, a good way to keep track of my day and keep opening tickets - forward the email, open the new ticket, clean up the text, change the account. Am I missing something here? Is there any way to do this? I work 99.7% of the time at the web interface, but did look at the desktop client to see if I could locate different functions, but did not.

July 25th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Support Team

There's a trick here - first - your Employee email address (the one you forward with) MUST be stored under your Employee account in RangerMSP, and ONLY under your Employee account. Next, click to learn how to
​c​reate ​t​ickets ​o​n ​b​ehalf of ​y​our ​c​ustomers ​u​sing ​e​mails