RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 5th, 2017, 03:30 PM
natrat

I won't use this thread to complain in depth about the ridiculous clunkiness of the outlook sync feature overall in CommitCRM. I think i mentioned it maybe 5 years ago and very little has changed.

But why is calendar sync so slow, and why is it sycning over 3000 appointments every time when those appointments go back to 2009? Where is the switch to only sync future appointments, or the last month or whatever? Nobody changes appointments in the past so why is CommitCRM syncing them every time back to 2009.

April 6th, 2017, 06:02 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Please note that the number displayed while syncing is not related to the number of appointments that are synced, but rather indicates the internal sync progress.

In general after the first few days of syncing, where more data is synced, RangerMSP ONLY syncs appointments that were only updated recently.

As for the slowness - we recommend that you try to exclude RangerMSP folder tree from any antivirus checks on PCs and the server, maybe it will help. Syncs per users are normally short.

For what it worth - the Outlook sync may be used without a progress window as explained here.

In addition you can use Outlook Sync Utility that can be used on any workstation/server and does not require running RangerMSP client.

Hope this helps.

April 6th, 2017, 08:04 AM
pops1000uk

Mines slow too only in new version 15

April 6th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Support Team

Sometimes the sync might run in the slow-sync-mode on purpose, for example in case a the previous sync was not successful, in such cases users get prompted about it before the sync starts. But in any case, this is the exception not the norm.

In any case - feel free to send us your log file for review.

Hope this helps.

April 7th, 2017, 01:12 AM
natrat

I've just made the window go away. No time to try and work out why its doing that