RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 18th, 2008, 11:41 AM
techresq1

Is there a way to create a Reoccuring charge so that contracts will be automaticly charged within CommitCRM on a scheduled basis?

July 18th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Support Team

I would recommend working with recurring Tasks to remind you of the monthly charges. For example, you can add a recurring task for each Account to remind you to charge the next date-range contract. When the task is due, you can right-click it and create a charge out of the Task ("Charge Task"). This will copy the Account, the task description, etc. into the Charge/Ticket.

Note that charging contracts should not be done using the contract itself in the charge, so it will not affect the charge balance. You can charge the contract directly in your accounting system, or using the system global contract.

I hope this helps.

Dina

July 18th, 2008, 03:07 PM
techresq1

Thanks for the reply,

A couple more questions, I see no quick link to "tasks" other than via th file menu or history for the relative account. Also when creating the task I saw no way to make it reoccuring.

July 19th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Support Team

You can access the tasks from the Pending tab of the linked entity, such as the Account, ticket, Asset, etc. The Pending tab shows you all the pending Tasks/Appointments which haven't been marked as "Done" yet.

To make a task recurring, you should click the Recurring checkbox in the New Task window. when you save the task, it will ask you to fill in the recurrence terms.

HTH

Doron

July 1st, 2010, 05:06 PM
sb020397

Can we suggest adding reoccuring charges? Would really complete CommitCRM. We have a lot of hosting fee's , service agreements stuff like that we would love to autobill in CommitCRM.

July 2nd, 2010, 06:57 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
This topic is precisely what the Contracts screen is all about. You can create service contracts that generate the monthly charge (Contract Price Charge) that gets issued every time the contract is renewed. This contract will also serve in monitoring and reporting on all the actions done in the confines of the contract agreement. I’m attaching some links that will help to get you under way with this:

Let us know if you have any additional questions regarding this topic or other contracts features.

Regards,
Sherry

July 2nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
lpopejoy

We use the Contract Price Charge for this as well.... Works great!