RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 13th, 2009, 07:08 AM
lpopejoy

I am trying to do a batch update to set all the Accounts Tax1 & Tax2 values. When I do that, it goes through all the records and says it updated everything, but nothing changes!

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Luke Popejoy

January 13th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Support Team

** his reply has some updates - see a Quick Update post below **

Hi Luke,

Unfortunately, the batch update feature is not supported for the Tax field of the Account at the moment. I'm not sure how come this feature is available for you with this field (it shouldn't appear in the "fields for batch update" list).

At the moment you should set the tax field for the accounts manually. I suggest that you start with Accounts which currently have open Charges and you wish to create reports with taxes for them. Note that when creating invoices in QuickBooks from the RangerMSP Charges, the taxes are calculated according to their settings within QuickBooks, so the only place you actually need the RangerMSP taxes defined correctly is when generating the Charges reports from withinRangerMSP.

Also, make sure to define the default Taxes for new Accounts in Options > Accounts > Default Tax Codes, so newly created Accounts will already have the Taxes defined properly.

HTH

Ethan

January 13th, 2009, 09:58 AM
lpopejoy

Wow, well, it looks like I've got some work to do...

What is annoying is had about half of my clients set with their Tax status, but the Batch update removed what I had already done...

I have defined the options > accounts that you mentioned.

Additionally, what I do not understand is that now that I have run the batch update, I cannot filter the Account's list for records that have the Tax1 and Tax2 emtpy. It thinks there is something in those fields. In fact, if I filter for fields where Tax1 and Tax2 is NOTEMPTY, it displays all my accounts, even though all the accounts display the Tax1 and Tax2 as being empty.

This is definitely a problem... I hate to be critical, but it seems like some higher quality control should be exercised... I like the program, but it is things like this which keep popping up that make things frustrating.

Thanks for your continued work,

Luke Popejoy

January 13th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Support Team

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your feedback, and I assure you your notes are taken seriously. We invest many resources in providing the most stable system, which is easily installed and upgraded. Unfortunately no system is completely free of bugs :-( and it looks like you've found an issue that is related to batch update of accounts specifically when updating the tax fields. I can assure you that we will look into it and solve it.

As for your current situation, I can suggest to go back to a backup if you happen to have one from just before the update. If not, we may be able to help more if you send us more details directly to Support @ , and we will check how we can help, maybe by performing database updates in our lab.

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry for the annoyance.

Ethan

January 13th, 2009, 06:41 PM
lpopejoy

Ethan,

I understand that good software it lots of work. I certainly appreciate all that you guys are doing, as well as your excellent support response. Just keep it up.

Regarding the batch update, I can fix it. I can get them updated - might just take awhile. Thanks for your help.

Luke Popejoy

October 25th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Support Team

Quick Update:

Starting with RangerMSP 5.5, a new utility was added to answer the tax-batch-update requirement above.

The utility is activated from the Accounts window under Accounts > Batch Update Tax Settings. This utility allows updating the Tax fields' settings for many Accounts at once.

>> Read more about Batch Update Account Tax Settings.

>> Read more about what's new in RangerMSP 5.5.

The RangerMSP Team