RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 28th, 2010, 08:49 PM
yournamehere

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to manage ticket details more effectively for the multiple users within my business and I wanted to make a suggestion which I would love the CommitCRM team and other users to comment on.

When multiple users enter details into a single open ticket, there is no indication/username/datestamp to seperate out these details.

So 3 seperate people can contribute to the ticket "notes" field and the only reference I actually have to who put the details in is the "manager" assigned.

One suggestion my team had was to add an input box to the bottom half of the notes field box (under the description tab in tickets) with a submit button. Different users who then want to update the notes could type the notes into this box when inputting information and press a newly created "save" or "submit" button to add the contents of that input box into the notes field. Because the system would then know "which user" entered the detail it could attach (optionally) a Username : Date : Time : tag to the entry which would then give us a clear picture of what is actually happening in the notes.

Example:

================================================== =

Currently in the notes field for a ticket I can see :

DLINK modem has gone down. Would like to "book" some time with Thomas. (entered by one of our users)

(Another user now takes over and adds this stuff )

all lights are fine on modem. Lights on switch are blinking in unison, but that appears normal for that model.

Restarted everything - no difference.

Asked John to check "status" on his laptop's LAN connection - doesn't come up. Comes up on Wilma's, though: 169.254.7.2. Had him plug the laptop directly into the D-Link router and unplug the switch from it - picked up 10.1.1.2.

Johns other phone is ringing he will call us back

(another users adds this content)

John calling back

Logged in via remote support - everything seemed more or less OK in the modem - logging in with user@jetstreamgames.co.nz, wireless network name is DLINK, no virtual servers that I could see, etc.

Had John plug everything back in it's usual configuration - worked for a moment but then dropped everything, and complained of an IP address conflict.

Had him plug Wilma's laptop directly into the modem again - changed DHCP range to start at 20. Had him plug the rest of the network in again, and then power-cycle the switch to force DHCP renewals - works OK.

Logged into the server from John's laptop - it has a static IP of .2, and everything seems OK now.

(Another user adds these comments when reviewing the notes)

Called and suggested to John that we should configure a new router for him and ship it out. We will send him a quote, and he will give us the delivery address in reply.

================================================== ===============

At the moment I only see one big large clunk of text unless the different helpdesk/engineers add a comment into the notes before their entry. Surely though .. this could be simplifyed.

Comments:???? ..

Cheers.

January 28th, 2010, 10:33 PM
wtbservices

Have the techs switch over to using history notes under the Resolution/History tab instead of the general notes tab. That way each entry is separated and gets time stamped along with the name of the tech that created it.