RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 6th, 2010, 08:47 PM
cpro48609

Ticket numbers... 500-_____ etc. Can this be changed? We have carbonless paper forms that our techs use for daily repair which are numbered like 26540 etc... I tried to change the 500 auto number ticket to match our sales order ticket and I can't seem to change it.

January 7th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
We already have an active feature request to allow the default ticket number to be altered; however, we have not gotten around to developing this feature yet.

Thanks for sending in this great feedback. I've added this post to the feature request, and attached your comments to it, as well as your vote. Our development team and product manager will evaluate the implementation possibilities, as soon as possible.

For now, we suggest using one of the customizable fields in the Tickets screen > Details tab to store the number used on your carbon copy paperwork, so that you will be able to reference those codes in the system to locate the actual RangerMSP ticket.

These fields can also be renamed and edited. Also, you can create whole new tabs, and populate them with your own user-defined fields.

For more information see Customizing Fields.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Bracha

January 13th, 2010, 11:07 AM
bmahoney

I agree, this would be an extremely helpful feature.