RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 9th, 2009, 11:58 AM
GCSElect

Is it possible to import my ACT2010 database in COMMIT? I am unhappy with mailmerge in ACT which is slow using OUTLOOK 2003

December 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this question.
If Act2010 supports exporting the database info into a file (csv, txt, xls, etc.), then RangerMSP can import the information from those files into the RangerMSP database. Please note that the tickets, contracts, charges, and history notes cannot be imported into RangerMSP.

For more information regarding Import & Export options, please click here.

Let us know if you have any questions on this topic.

Reno Breen

December 9th, 2009, 12:43 PM
GCSElect

Thanks very much for the quick and informative reply. I understand that my Contact History Notes can't be imported into COMMIT from ACT. Does CommitCRM allow mailmerge into OUTLOOK 2003? If not how is it accomplished?
Jerry Stanley

December 9th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this question.
RangerMSP supports internal mass group emails that don't include database information in the email message. If you need the email message to include database fields, then we suggest exporting a datalist with the information you need to send, from Tools > Import & Export > Export.

For more information regarding this topic, please click here.

Let us know if you have any questions on this topic.

Reno Breen

December 10th, 2009, 09:18 AM
cforger

GCS: You can always hire a SQL programmer to do some exporting from Act - everything can come out if you have the $$/need. Getting into CommitCRM is a different step, but I'm sure he can either automate some macros for entry, or CommitCRM can provide some API help to get data injected directly.