RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 12th, 2009, 08:39 AM
stsanford

Hi,
We just went with Bomgar for remote access and support. We're using the Jump clients extensively, and was wondering if there's any way to integrate Bomgar with the CommitCRM software such that if we click on an asset, we can call up a menu to connect, take a system inventory, etc...
Thanks,
Scott

October 12th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Support Team

Hi Scott,

This is a great question, thanks for posting it.
I've done some research on Bomgar for you, and it looks like a great product to have working in conjunction with RangerMSP. I want to see if we can get this working. Just by looking at their website, I can think of a couple ways to do this.

Option1: If you can create a desktop shortcut that would open a Bomgar viewer and have it connect to that asset, then you could import that shortcut file into the Assets - Documents tab in RangerMSP for that asset.

Option2: by using the Bomgar Web Interface, you can discover which parameter the Web Interface places in front of a Bomgar asset identifier, in order to start the viewer, and then input this information as an online service (Settings menu > Manage Online Services).

If Bomgar also has screens that show you the assets for a specific customer, then you can also set an online service for that, too.

I intend to do some testing on this matter, if you'd like, you can also have a crack at it.
Here's all the info you need to learn about Online Services.

Also, if you reach any conclusions, feel free to post them, too.

Reno Breen