RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 18th, 2008, 08:23 PM
bobdicksoncom

I just began the demo of CommitCRM and have an email connector questions.

I am in the field most of the time and would like to be able to create tickets by sendinging an email to support@company.com form my blackberry

Problem appears that it will assign all tickets to me since it will see my address in from.

Is there a way to:

a) assign to account from subject line

or possible move the ticket to the correct account later when I got to a Pc.

Any other ideas?

Also, can can any one provide more detailed info on setting up the email connector when you use an exchange server. I am not connecting the dots

Thanks

bob

November 19th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thank you for your post and interesting questions.

Yes, you can configure the Email Connector to analyze your incoming emails by subject, identify the account in the email subject, and open the ticket for the relevant customer. This can be done using the Automated Emails feature in the email connector. This requires some setup steps, however, once you get it working, it can be quite helpful.

The idea is to send simply-formatted emails to your support mailbox (for the email connector to process), and teach the email connector to identify these emails as automated (which means the system will analyze their subject in order to find the account).

To setup the Email Connector, you should run the ServerConfig program, and go to the Email Connector tab:

1. In the Email Connector's automated emails settings, you should add a rule for emails coming from your own email address, to be identified as "automated". Alternatively you can add a word/phrase which will identify these email as automated.

2. Then add a rules which will teach the system how to find the company name in the email subject.
You should first decide on the format for these emails subject, so you will have the company name in the subject line. For example, always put the account name in the subject between the phrase "From Customer:" and ",". This way you can send the email with such a subject:

Example:
"From Customer: <put the customer name here>, <rest of the subject as came from the customer here>"

You can prepare an email template for such cases in your email client, so you will always send it in the exact same format.

3. When the Email Connector pulls such an email from the incoming mailbox queue, it will identify these emails as automated, and will detect the company name according to the formatted subject. Then it will open a ticket for this customer for this email.

Two notes:
(*) The company name in the subject should be the exact same name as appears in RangerMSP's database. Alternatively you can decide on a different identifier for the company (e.g. a numeric code), and keep it in another field in the account. Click here for more details on account identification rules.
(*) Using this mechanism will not send an automatic email response to the customer, as it did not arrive into the system using the "regular" email-to-ticket path, which allows the automated responses.

You can read more about the automated emails setup and configuration here.

I encourage you to give it a try :-)

As for using Exchange server with the Email Connector, the Email Connector supports Exchange servers. All you need to make sure is that you use a POP3 account as the incoming mailbox for the Email Connector. When the Email Connector is activated, it pulls the incoming emails, and attempts to create a ticket in RangerMSP according to the incoming "from" email address. Any unrecognized emails are forwarded to an internal support mail address. I hope this make it clearer.

Sherry