RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 26th, 2013, 08:03 AM
MachTen

Couple of things I have found with 6.1.0.1

1) If you use the complete Contact field in reports the phone numbers are placed at the end of the DBMemo box and are spaced to the right by 1 character instead of lined up with the rest of the text.

2) When printing to a PDF CommitCRM does not remember where the PDF documents are saved to. Very annoying when you save your work orders in a specific place and it always defaults back to the Documents folder.

3) After creating the PDF you need a way to turn OFF the question CommitCRM asks you about wanting to open the file.

July 26th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this list. Noted!

July 26th, 2013, 09:00 AM
MachTen

Also,
We changed the Field1 to a Mileage. We will start entering mileage in this field for each ticket. Nothing fancy. But when we created a report it won't total off that field. As a matter of fact using dbcalc on that field will not allow us to generate a report. Once the dbcalc filed is removed the report will show up. (Print preview of otherwise).

Currently a work around is to use export and export the mileage filed with ticket number and account to an excel spreadsheet and total it that way but it would be nice to be able to quickly just generate a report with the totals at the end.

July 26th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Support Team

The type of field you used for this is text/string as this field support text entries. In case you refer to Field1 of the Ticket details (unlike of the Charge record), then you can add a new custom field of the numeric type and use it in reports.

Another alternative would be to use Charges to track Mileage. Create the appropriate Item for this and use the Charge Quantity to track the actual mileage.

Hope this helps.

July 26th, 2013, 10:03 AM
MachTen

Is there a way to change the Field1 to a numerical field only or would we have to create a new field?

July 26th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Support Team

This is a system field and as such has a predefined type that cannot be changed.

July 26th, 2013, 11:40 AM
MachTen

Well,
I went ahead and created a new tab and added a field called mileage under subject mileage. Entered some data and it won't show up in the report. Just get blanks where it should be showing the mileage.

The calc field for the total mileage is showing a "0"

What did we do wrong?

July 26th, 2013, 05:31 PM
MachTen

OK,
It seems there is a bug in the reporting feature. If you have old tickets that do not have a value (NULL?) in those newly created fields then the report won't generate correctly. If I only include the tickets that we began entering in the mileage the mileage will print out correctly. I confirmed this problem occurs on any field that I create.

July 29th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Support Team

Yes, this is correct, the system does not fill up existing record details for a new custom field, partially because it should not decide of such values. Anyway, I'll take a note on this. Thanks.