RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

June 21st, 2022, 11:47 AM
Lampson_sec

It appears RangerMSP, when you perform a delete of a record, it just PURGES the record from the table (charge, ticket, contact, account, etc).

Is there any tracking of DELETED items by RECID? like the RECID and date deleted?

I'm using an ETL and syncing RangerMSP with a graphDB (neo4j)
And periodically query for NEW or MODIFIED items, but tracking deleted I've only been able query EVERY SINGLE item, and then look for unmatched (deleted items - which is a VERY expensive/inefficient query to run).

Thanks!

June 22nd, 2022, 06:06 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Tracking of deleted records is available for Tickets and Opportunities.
All other records are deleted without an accessible trace.

On deleting a Ticket or Opportunity, an audit record is added into the Notebook table with the following data that may help:
Kind = Delete
SourceID = Ticket/Opportunity Record ID
Description field contains the original description of the deleted record.

When using Batch Delete Tickets tool, a single audit record is added with the following details:
Kind = Batch Delete of
Description field contains deleted ticket numbers.

Having said that, it might not be super efficient for you to query that database table too, though maybe by date since 'last time'.

Hope this helps and thanks for asking.

June 22nd, 2022, 07:30 AM
Lampson_sec

Thanks! That definitely will make the ticket sync easier.

Any thoughts on adding tracking other records? I've ended up with duplicates (contacts, contracts, accounts, charges, etc) in our data lake/warehouse when a mistake item has been "deleted" from RangerMSP.

Yes - Whenever I am performing batch updates I'm using WHERE createdon> or where updatedon> x.

I'm working on getting a procedure documented for synching relevant parts of RangerMSP into a Neo4j GraphDB. We've been using it internally for a few years to assist with validation between vendors as well as additional automation and integrations.

Cheers!

June 22nd, 2022, 08:36 AM
Support Team

You are welcome!

Maybe using count(*) may help, detecting a different record count indicating a possible deletion event vs. the previous count, and this will led to a further query investigation, vs. deeply investigating always.
We will take note of tracking other deleted records. Thanks.