RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 3rd, 2014, 06:24 AM
Support Team

RangerMSP User Question*

How can I disable email notifications on open/close ticket for specific customers?

---
* Question received by email and shared here for the benefit of our users.

February 3rd, 2014, 06:25 AM
Support Team

Answer

To stop alerts just select an Account and go to:

Accounts > Email Alerts > Stop alerting this Account about New Tickets
Accounts > Email Alerts > Stop alerting this Account about Tickets being Closed

You can restart alerts at any time by going to the same menu links.

February 3rd, 2014, 05:52 PM
maxtowns

Just seen this totally by accident - this is new isn't it? I remember asking about this year(s) ago in relation to automated incoming emails from other ticketing systems setting off a feedback effect on 'This email address does not receive emails - please do not send to this address' sending back into commit from the automated reply - which of course created another ticket - and so on and so on

We totally turned it off/was more trouble than it was worth once we asked the above and were told 'it's all or nothing'

When did this get sorted/don't recall seeing anything about it but then there is a lot of stuff to read but thought this might have been shouted about a bit...

Thanks

Oh and of course well done/good to see the improvements

February 3rd, 2014, 05:59 PM
maxtowns

Sorry to post again so quick but am obviously thinking how this will work if we want to turn it back on

We currently have the alerts turned off in the 'serverconfig.exe' email connector settings

Assuming all accounts in Commit are currently set to have alerts sent to them how do we go about turning the Email Connector Alerts on and then open accounts up one by one to receive alerts?

Do we have to go through every account one by one and set them to stop receiving Alerts (I think I already know the answer to this if my sore commit clicking finger can testify to - bring on more batch operations please!) and then flick the switch on the Email Connector Alerts?

But that then begs another question - are new accounts created in the future in Commit set to receive alerts by default or not? (I'm guessing not and this is another thing we will have to remember when setting up an account/can it be set to be off by default somewhere perhaps?)

Many thanks

February 3rd, 2014, 06:00 PM
maxtowns

*Edit* I've just realised this was originally posted by Commit! Sorry about that - so this is you shouting about it - ok cool - questions still stand though please and yup thanks again for getting this sorted

February 4th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Support Team

The Stop/Start alerting this Account about New Tickets feature was added quite a while ago. Unfortunately the only way is to go to each Account and update the Alerts rule for them. Alerts need to be ON globally first (Tools > Options > Alerts to Customers and Alerts Status ON in the ServerConfig) and then go to Accounts > Email Alerts > Stop alerting this Account about New Tickets for each Account to disable those you don't want receiving alerts. By default all new Accounts will get Alerts if it is enabled globally, until you disable them individually.

We'll take note of this and think of ways to improve it in future, thanks for asking.

February 4th, 2014, 02:31 PM
maxtowns

nice one - well like I say my business brain is very very happy and feels fortunate to have stumbled upon this post! WELL DONE COMMIT!

my poor worn out Commit clickin finger is already talking to the unions upon hearing this news and a strike I fear is inevitable...

(more batch job operations please please please - pretty please! multiple select tickets/accounts and WHAM update any particular field all in one go - we could perform major operations (as is the norm in databases) in a matter of minutes not days (I kid you not!) click clicking through records - it would make Commit extremely powerful! click clicking really is umm usually when you end up finding out you have been doing something the wrong way and the last few hours/evenings/nights/days have been a total waste of time...)

February 5th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Support Team

We hear you and will of course look into ways to reduce click clicking in future versions.

February 5th, 2014, 10:24 AM
maxtowns

;)

Just realised about this though - this is set per account not per contact... hmmm darn so if a contact at an account tells us 'can you PLEASE STOP sending me all these alerts' whereas another contact at the same account says they want these alerts...

Hmmm I think we will leave it off or we're asking for too much trouble... be good to hear if this is in the pipeline so will look out for it being mentioned somewhere (is there a conclusive list of updates btw so can trawl through and see what has been added in the updates? I know there is for each update when you do them but is there a continuing list somewhere please?)

February 5th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Support Team

One thing to note is that alerts are sent to the Ticket Recipients, so if they are not listed... they won't be alerted. Though we get the idea here. We naturally have the list but it's internal here. Thanks for asking.

February 7th, 2014, 10:14 AM
maxtowns

Ah right ok that is handy to know but yup all the same I think we will tread carefully here

I guess you mean it is on the list of updates/improvements? cool cool n best of luck sussing it all out!

February 7th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Support Team

Yes, your input was noted!

February 9th, 2014, 07:14 AM
maxtowns

Good stuff - I didn't mean I want to see your internal list though I meant an 'external'/community/publicly available list?

February 10th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Support Team

You can see a list of updates for each version here. Just select the version in the drop-down box at the top right of that page.

March 1st, 2014, 01:54 PM
maxtowns

Perfect exactly what I am after! thanks for pointing out the drop down top right for the version - have been on that page a few times but never noticed it