RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 9th, 2008, 11:53 AM
computerphysicians

Is there a way to accept all incoming emails and not just verified emails as we had a client send in an email from an alternate email address and it just disappeared?

April 9th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Support Team

RangerMSP Email Connector creates service Tickets for recognized senders only. Unrecognized emails are forwarded to thesupport team mailbox for manual review. There are several reasons for this - like being able to link the new service Ticket to the relevant customer, and more important not to create service tickets for spam email messages...
Note that the email connector searches for the sender email address in both primary accounts and secondary contacts inRangerMSP.

I hope this helps.

Dina

April 9th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Support Team

Another thing - note that unrecognized emails are forwarded to your internal support email address. This email address should be defined in the ServerConfig, under Email Connector tab, in the Internal Support Team Email part. You can read more about this in the Email Connector setup guide at <server>\RangerMSP\help\RangerMSP-email-connector-setup-guide.pdf

HTH

Dina

April 20th, 2009, 06:09 AM
JoshuaB

To eliminate points of failure (smtp, spam, delay), and quickly get the tickets into CommitCRM, I would like to see an option to add unrecognized emails into a specific account. For example, create an account called "Unassigned" or something. Then new tickets with emails not already in the system could flow into this and then be re-assigned later appropriately.

April 20th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Support Team

Thanks, JoshuaB, that's an interesting suggestion. I know that the subject of handling unrecognized emails is something which is being considered here. The thing is that this will cause spam emails to actually create tickets in the system, yes, under a specific account but still tickets that will be listed in the tickets list etc. Anyway, I can also see the benefits in such solution.

Thanks for posting your thoughts and ideas on this (I've forwarded your feedback on this).

Neta

April 20th, 2009, 09:33 AM
JoshuaB

Neta,

I'm continuously impressed with how serious CommitCRM takes customer's input. Thank you.

To defend the SPAM concern, I'd rather have a ticket of spam that anyone can easily delete, than the spam simply forwarded to a whole team that all have to ... still deal with it as a, "task" to delete - but this time, multiple people. Besides, the spam in CommitCRM as a tasks can be worked by our techs still, to train/block that content in our mail server. :)

April 20th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Support Team

Yes, that makes sense indeed :-) I'll pass your additional input on this as well to be considered when dealing with this solution. Thanks!

Neta

April 20th, 2009, 11:23 AM
vsouthmayd

If the convert unrecognized email to ticket feature is implemented please make it an option that can be turned on/off. I am not interested in potential spam tickets hitting my phone as text messages in the middle of the night.

If someone uses an unrecognized email address overnight, we will find it the next morning when the fall through mailbox is cleared. We can then create a ticket and add the email address to the customer's account one time. This should not be an everyday event, but spam is hourly, at least daily event with the best of spam filters in place.

Vernon Southmayd
Creative Computing
http://twitter.com/VernonSouthmayd