RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 9th, 2011, 03:56 PM
YourIT

I would LOVE if I could give a ticket a QR code! I could print the QR code on a sticker, stick it on the case, scan the QR code and either launch a mobile version of the web interface with ticket notes, work orders, or launch Interlink with the same info!

July 10th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Mister-c

+1 to this. Great idea.

July 10th, 2011, 04:40 PM
aaspeer

That would be awesome. +1 from me too.

July 11th, 2011, 05:53 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

This is already available within Interlink. You can use a program such as iBarcoder for the Mac to generate QRCode asset labels using Avery 6576 Durable Labels. Then simply put the label on a piece of equipment (Asset) and scan it with a QRCode reader which will open up Interlink and if the asset code in the QRCode Label matches an Asset it will display the information on the phone. If it does not match an asset it gives you the option to create a new asset record or add the code to an existing asset record.

In addition from within Interlink you can open a ticket and using the Print option it will print a ticket form to have a client sign that the work was completed. On the form will be a QRCode that when scanned will open that ticket up within Interlink. If there is an asset linked to the ticket a second QRCode will be printed on the printed form for the asset. If scanned it will open the asset record within Interlink.

Jim Watt

July 28th, 2011, 03:33 PM
YourIT

That's great and all, but I can't afford $1,000 to buy the needed CommitCRM and Interlink components.

July 28th, 2011, 11:56 PM
aaspeer

Yeah, I agree. The interlink package is great, but too expensive seeing as it is just an add on to a complete system already paid for. CommitCRM should look into licensing the software from jim then just include it within CommitCRM as a small add on.

Austin Speer

July 30th, 2011, 06:45 AM
John Greenfield

Not exactly true guys. I purchased Interlink a few days ago and I can tell you that it is well worth what Jim is asking for it. Having the ability to completely manage your CRM package from an iPhone / iPad is fantastic. Sure you can use (and pay for) the web CommitCRM web interface, but when time is money, having fast access to all features of CommitCRM anywhere/anytime is money well spent. The GUI is unbelievably easy to use, and with further enhancements on the roadmap, the product can only get better (with the support of us customers).

Let me say, that I have no alliance with Jim or his business; in fact, like yourselves, I was very critical of spending the money, but glad I did. I had a few issues installing because I didn't RTFM, but my emails to Jim were answered very quickly, and it is now in testing.

Message for Jim> I think having the ability for guys to see it in action through a free demo/evaluation would be a good idea.

August 3rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
raymond

Inerlink looks very cool indeed... mobile access and a web interface that appears to be a huge imprvement over the current interface. thing is, there's no screen shots, demo's, videos or even a trial... how does Jim expect people to eval the product before forking over that kind of cash?!?

any other cool 3rd party plug-in's out there?

//ray

August 3rd, 2011, 05:10 PM
compuwatcher

+1 I just emailed them on where is a trial so I can check it out. If I am going to pay that type of money I want to try it first. Also it needs to run under 64 bit.

Tim
Compuwatcher

August 3rd, 2011, 08:09 PM
lpopejoy

Ray, there are screen cast videos of the entire solution... Jim posted them awhile back somewhere on this forum... Too lazy to figure out where right now. :)

August 3rd, 2011, 08:30 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

64 Bit Windows Server 2008 R2 - Tested, documented and now support for Interlink for CommitCRM! Server Setup Guide available for download at http://db.tt/5KT6EJW

August 4th, 2011, 11:19 AM
raymond

...so why wouldn't all these video's/screen shots be posted on their web site... seems like the better place to put them and simply provide a link.

//ray

August 4th, 2011, 07:36 PM
jim@dsolutionsgroup.com

http://vimeo.com/user3631307/videos