RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 3rd, 2014, 10:19 PM
bridgesint

Dear support, when clients send an email to our ticketing system, it should auto assign a ticket number to the email that the client sends, but this does not work all the time. Some of the email works but some do not. This ended up with client kept replying/sending emails to our email and creating multiple tickets. I have checked that all these emails are registered in our Commit system under Contacts, but why is it not working? and the weird thing is that it do work at times for that particular contact.

Appreciate your kind assistance.

Regards
Dianna

August 4th, 2014, 06:07 AM
Support Team

Thank for posting this.

Perhaps you have configured an Automated Email rule which is triggered in some instances?

Also check your Internal Support mailbox to see if there are any errors reported there such as duplicate email addresses.

If you have version 7 you could also try running Settings > RangerMSP Email Connector > Configuration Check.

There are a few more troubleshooting tips on our wiki here which may be useful.

Hope this helps.

August 6th, 2014, 08:31 PM
bridgesint

Dear support,

Yes, we do have an automated email rule in place and that is working fine. For every email that client sends to us, the automated email will be triggered and working perfectly fine.

However, the problem is that as the account manager, i'll also receive a copy of the email that client sends and that email will come to me with the ticket number automatically inserted in the subject title. this is not working at the moment. and the problem is that it happens intermittenly. some tickets work fine but some do not.

I went through your wiki but did not fine a solution to our problem. Pls assist. thanks!

Btw, i'm running version 6.1.

August 7th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Probably some emails from the customer are recognized as automated but contain insufficient data for converting them to a Ticket. In such cases they are forwarded to the manual support mailbox so please have a look there.

You can send us your logs for further analysis: Help > Technical Support > Send Log Files

Also if you can send us some samples of the problematic emails it would be helpful.