RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 1st, 2014, 03:59 AM
bridgesint

Dear Commit Support,

may i check if there is a way for different Accounts to share the same Contract? or can i create sub Accounts under a main account? my issue is that i have a main organisation that has sub branches and the main organisation purchased one contract that service all. for the sub branches, they have its own list of contact persons, address and assets. And internally, they do not charge the sub branches. so i cannot create multiple contracts to service the sub branches as some will use more n some lesser. How can i resolve this issue? Appreciate your reply. Thanks!

Dianna

July 1st, 2014, 06:16 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Contracts can't be shared with other Accounts, however you can certainly work with multi-location/branch customers, assuming that you bill them all as a single customer, like so...

You need to use one main Account for your customer in RangerMSP.
Then, each location/branch will be implemented using the Secondary Contacts feature of the Account (under the Account’s Contacts tab).

This will allow you to keep information per location/branch (such as name, address, phone numbers and more). You will then be able to link Tickets, Assets, Charges, History Notes to the relevant branch by linking them to the relevant Contact (to each of these records you can assign a contact after selecting the main Account).

As for billing – it’s actually the same idea - When logging in Charges for this Account, you can select the secondary Contact (i.e. branch) which should be linked to the Charge (next to the Account selection field). This way you can link any Charge to the relevant branch (and use this for reports, etc.), and still keep all Charges linked to the same Account for the actual billing.

Hope this helps.