RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 6th, 2012, 11:43 PM
bridgesint

Dear support, i am customising my own report, i am pulling information from different sections. However, if i am to copy a report from the system report, certain fields will not be available to me. For example, i copied Technician Service Form Including Asset Details. Inside the Design screen, from the DB drop down, there are only Assets and Tickets information to select from. What if i need information on Charges? is there a way to include that?
Another question: In Assets -> MoreInfo tab, we have created a new field. However, that new field is not appearing under the DB Drop down for me to insert in my report. what could be the problem?

Appreciate your help. thank you!

Regards
Dianna

December 7th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Support Team

Thank you for asking. You should use and customize one of the Charge reports that are called: 'Asset details incl. Tickets and Charges'.

In these report formats all fdata fields are available - Assets fields (including custom fields), Tickets data fiels as well as Charges data fields.

HTH

December 10th, 2012, 01:44 AM
bridgesint

Thanks a lot for the reply! it is very helpful!
Btw, may i also ask what does Group Header: RECID means? where can i get more information about customising reports?

December 10th, 2012, 01:57 AM
bridgesint

sorry, i just realise a problem if i were to use the 'Asset Details incl. Tickets and Charges'. When i generate the report, i would need to generate by specifying a ticket number, not by asset. So far the 'Technician Service Form including Asset Details' work very well expect that i'm unable to generate the customised Anti-virus field. Any better suggestion?

December 10th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Support Team

Instead of creating new custom field we would recommend you to use one of the following alternation options:

1.You can use one of the predefined custom fields for Assets, located under the Asset Details tab.
These fields are labeled, by default - Field1-5.
You can customize these fields names and labels to reflect your requirements by right clicking them and from the pop up menu selecting the Field Settings... option.
You can also add values to the drop down list.

2 .Using Asset Configuration Note.

The advantages of using one of the options above are:
* These fields are available and can be added to Ticket and Charges reports (for example in 'Technician Service Form including Asset Details' and ' 'Technician Service Form including Charges').
* These fields are displayed under the Asset preview tab as well as in the Asset quick preview (displayed when clicking the lightning bolts icons anywhere).

December 11th, 2012, 07:00 PM
bridgesint

i am thinking of using the option 1 that you mentioned. but my question would be, what will happen to all the Assets that are using the current custom Antivirus field? does that mean that after creating the new antivirus field using the predefined custom fields, i have to re-tag all the current assets to use this new field? that is a lot of work!

December 12th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Support Team

Yes, indeed you will need to move the information from the custom field to the predefine-system-custom field...