RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 28th, 2018, 12:28 AM
Rob@ITNetworks

G'day!

Question for more experienced CommitCRM users about account management:

How do you handle people that customers, suppliers AND business partners at the same time?

As far as I can tell, you can only set each account to be one or the other - but what happens where a customer becomes a supplier and/or a business partner? It can't be that uncommon.

The only way I think it can be done at the moment (18.0.0.3) is to have multiple accounts for the same company - one as a customer, one as a supplier and one as a business partner.

But is there any real benefit to it? As a service provider, I'm really only focused on the customer side of things so do I just have one entry as a customer and add something in the notes about using them to supply X ...

What do other people do?

(Disclaimer: I find the Accounts tab really confusing and awkward to use and haven't completely wrapped my head around it yet!)

June 28th, 2018, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting.

Our recommendation in the case you described is to add a single Account record for this person/company. You can set the Account Type to the one that represents the main relationship between your business and the Account, e.g. 'Customer'.
As for the other roles - you can type this information in the Notes field or in one of the fields under the Account Details tab (e.g. you can use one of the fields with dropdown as a secondary type - you will also be able to filter by it, in case needed).

In general you can create Tickets, add Charges and log History Notes for any Account, as the Type is mostly used for filtering purpose.

Hope this makes sense and helps.