RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > Running an IT Services Business

September 14th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Product Team

I would like to compensate my technicians on sales they manage to close while working at customers’ site. Though this is not part of their job requirement, they work closely with customers and I would like to motivate them to identify and initiate sales opportunities. Anyone got ideas on how I can motivate my technicians and what’s the best way to compensate them? (received from a RangerMSP user)

Post your comments..

September 14th, 2009, 09:13 PM
paulNZ

This is always a difficult question ... as a very rough rule of thumb we use 20% of the Gross Profit.

September 15th, 2009, 06:48 AM
chrisits

Good question. 5% here. We found out that if the compensation is higher than this our techs become "sales guys" and customer satisfaction decreases.

September 16th, 2009, 05:10 AM
JoshuaB

Good question. We pay 15% of net. Pre-Commit, we were using XLS sheet to track, but CommitCRM makes this easy by entering the cost of the item and the markup, you can run a report to see the income by employee to quickly figure their part.

Employees are motivated by this and it works very well for us.

September 23rd, 2009, 05:35 AM
TDtech32

We actually asked our guys what they think they should make, and reached a happy ground on 20% of net.

October 6th, 2009, 02:53 PM
nattivillin

We give a 20% commission on our cost of the item.