RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 17th, 2010, 11:23 AM
paulNZ

I must be missing something quite simple but does anyone know how to adjust the default postpone time for the pop up windows for Task/Appointment Reminders from something other than 1 Minute?

Thanks

January 18th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Support Team

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting this.
The default time displayed in the postpone option takes the value from the last time you used the Postpone option in RangerMSP. I.e. if you chose to postpone the last appointment by 5 minutes, then the next time you'll have the chance to use the postpone option, you'll see 5 minutes already displayed next to the button.

The reason this is done in this fashion and not with a default value you can configure in the Options dialogue, is because this is a very dynamic value, and many users enjoy using different values than other users. If the default was configured in the options dialogue, then this would be a system wide default set for everybody.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Sherry

January 18th, 2010, 10:57 AM
paulNZ

Thanks Sherry

I suspected as much but was hopeful that was a default system wide default set. The 1 minute default when you first open Commint just seems a bit short as a default.

January 18th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Support Team

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting this feedback.
I'll be sure to pass your comments on to the product management team.

Regards,
Sherry

April 27th, 2017, 03:17 PM
T3ckl4

I was curious if the default time on the reminder messages was able to be set to a universal setting yet?
We are trying to implement Dispatch and some of the feedback from our techs is that the reminders are too frequent and are difficult to get rid of as the default is set to a minute.

Also, I've noticed that while sometimes it changes the setting based on what you've put in the popup window previously that eventually it changes back to the 1 minute limit again, and that it will keep recurring for up to 4 or 5 times before it closes and stays closed.

It would be nice to have the reminders pop up and ask for a snooze option or dismiss option without marking the appointment as being done.

Please advise.

April 28th, 2017, 06:34 AM
Support Team

When it comes to originally scheduling the reminders - you can visit Tools > Options > Calendar and select default reminder settings, so when adding a new task or appointment these settings will apply and will auto-populate reminders. In case you refer to the snooze option, then it isn't customizable and users indeed need to decide for how long they want to snooze for.

Can you please elaborate on your suggestion? The process does not require to have the appointment marked as done.