RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 9th, 2009, 11:51 AM
emedina

Hi,
I have a customize Tech Service Form. When a tech goes to a client site, they will perform the work and update the ticket in real time. When they are done, they enter the time they spent on-site by creating a billable or non-billable labor charge. I would like to used that from time and the thru time to accurately display to the client via the tech service form the time spent on their ticket. Currently the report designer has only the time fields from the Calendar. Is there a way to add the fields from labor charges? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

February 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Support Team

Hi emedina,

Have you tried using a "Technician Service Form Including Charges" report? You have two out-of-the-box reports of this type, which show the ticket details and list all the charges that were added to the ticket.

For each charge this report shows the date and the time as logged in the charge. You can find these reports in the Reports window, under the Charges category, or from the ticket window, by clicking the Print or the Print Preview button.

I hope this helps!

Ethan

February 9th, 2009, 12:28 PM
emedina

That is great, but I already have the form created, what I would like to do is get the time fields added to the customized tech service form I created. They appear in the report you mentioned. Is there a way to add these fields so that I can use them in the customized report I created?

February 9th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Support Team

The standard ticket reports (which are listed under the "Tickets" report category, and are not part of the "Charges" category) do not contain financial information such as charges. This is to maintain classified privileges on any financial data.

Adding charges into the "regular" ticket form report is not possible. If you wish to have the charges appear as part of the form, you should use one of the 'Technician Service Form Including Charges' reports, and perhaps customize it to adjust it some more to your needs.

HTH

Ethan

February 9th, 2009, 02:03 PM
emedina

I do not want to use the charges. I just want to use the time. Your documentation and forums talk about using the charges section to accurately depick the actual time a service tech performs a project. I do not want to display to the client any charges. If I cannot use the time stamp fields in the charges category. What could I used to make this effective.

Thanks,

February 9th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Support Team

Hi emedina,

I am not sure that I am completely clear about what you are trying to achieve.
I understand that your technicians log time entries under the tickets using Charge records. You now want to display the time entries as part of the technician service form.

I hope I'm correct up to here. In order to do this you can use one of the service forms found under the Charges reports category. Select one of these format, copy it to a customized report and open the report designer.

You can then remove any "charge" related fields from the 'charges' sub-report (select this tab at the bottom area of the report designer to see all the charge fields) and leave only time related fields. You can simply delete the data you do not wish to see in the report. This way, the form format will not include any billing related information, only the from/to times. I believe that this way you'll have the layout you want - a technician service form with time entries and no charge/billing related information.

I hope this helps to make it clearer.

Ethan

February 9th, 2009, 02:59 PM
emedina

Thank You