RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 4th, 2017, 12:16 PM
scoplin

Is there a way to set emails sent to the mailbox that CommitCRM checks to be left in the mailbox as read or something?

We use the mailbox to check on original received/sent emails and what I'm seeing happen is an email arrive to the mailbox and then disappear as soon as CommitCRM checks it.

We use the Sent Items so we can double check on what is sent to who and how it looks/attachments sent.

Thanks!

January 4th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Support Team

The Email Connector fetches the email, processes it and removes it from the mailbox. The email is then either processed (e.g. creates a new ticket or adds a new comment to an existing ticket) or is being forwarded to another mailbox you configured for manual processing. This cannot be changed.

In addition, you can configure a backup email address where every emails that is popped - is sent there for a backup.

Finally, note that the email's date/time of processed emails is also listed in RangerMSP under the Ticket - and - that you can always open the original email from RangerMSP (it will open Outlook) and you will be able to see the email message itself in an Outlook window (with access to everything you need like the email header).

Hope this helps.

January 5th, 2017, 08:16 AM
scoplin

Thanks!

Where do I configure the copies of the inbound email to go to another address? (Sorry if in the wiki and I missed it)

Do we have any similar options for outbound email?

January 5th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Support Team

Please review this article to configure the backup email address for Email Connector.

All emails sent TO <your-Public-Email-Address> configured for Email Connector will be also forwarded to the backup email address, this also includes replies from employees to tickets as well as auto-responses and alerts that are sent to customers.

Hope this helps.