RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 21st, 2016, 08:04 AM
Unified

Can not open pdf files in the Doc section. I can open word files. Other users can open them.

December 21st, 2016, 08:36 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

In case you get an error that the file does not exist then you should check whether you have access rights to specific folder the file was saved into. Have a look - each Doc has its own path to the exact folder whether the file is stored - try to access it using Windows Files Explorer too.

If the issue is only with PDF files - it seems like it may be an issue with Acrobat Reader. Please try to re-install it and make sure that only one version of Acrobat Reader is installed and associated with PDF file types.

Hope this helps.

December 21st, 2016, 09:35 AM
Unified

Windows File path route I can open the pdf. Acrobat allows other pdfs to be opened. I am the admin for the account. Double click on the PDF does not work. Right click open doc doesnt work either. Open on the bottom of the page doesnt work either. I can attach a pdf to the account and it still wont allow me to open. I have restart my pc twice and no sucess.

December 21st, 2016, 10:54 AM
Support Team

Do you see the Acrobat icon for the PDF documents in RangerMSP?

RangerMSP uses different method to open the files than Windows Explorer.

Sometime such an issue may happen after installing newer version the Acrobat Reader without uninstalling the older version.

We recommend to uninstall the Acrobat, specially if there is more than one version installed, then restart the computer and install it again, so all registry entries will be set properly.

Please keep us posted how it goes.

December 22nd, 2016, 09:00 AM
Unified

Fixed. Had to reload Abode. Odd that all other pdf s would open. Thanks again!