RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 18th, 2016, 04:22 PM
byronc

I have recently been tasked with solving some issues with CommitCRM at my company and do not have prior experience with this product so please forgive me for any obvious mistakes..

Our coordinators are running into issues when running a manual sync, a few users will come up with:
Error synching Appointments
Could not find the Outlook Folder
john.smith@company.com\Calendar

The user running the sync has got Publishing Editor permissions in exchange and can successfully create/delete entries on "John Smith" - I have noticed that sometimes these calendars are not being displayed in Outlook due to the 30 calendar limit and simply hiding one of the working users and showing the one with the error appears to get around this.

while some others come up with:
Error occurred during the sync process. In order to fix this error, CommitCRM will need to restart the sync process in rebuild mode....

This error comes up from almost every sync with the odd sync running fine, the list of users it fails on is different for each coordinator, however, each coordinator seems to always fail on the same users.

I have done quite a bit of "Googling" which normally comes up with permission issues with the first error I have listed and I have not yet found anything about the second error.

I have double and triple checked exchange permissions and got coordinators to test creating and deleting appointments for the user which the sync fails on which always works fine.

We are currently running CommitCRM 12 / Server 2012 R2 / Hybrid Exchange with 2013 on prem and only a single user on 365.

December 19th, 2016, 06:05 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting. Regarding the first message 'Could not find the Outlook Folder' it is indeed usually related to a permission issue.
I see that we asked your company (in an email discussion with P.N.) to apply the registry change for Outlook that should allow to open more then 30 calendars and may bypass the issue.
In case you haven't tried to update the registry entry yet - please give it a try after backing up the registry, restart the PC and see whether this helps. Feel free to contact us directly by email (support@ ) and we will provide you with a copy of the details regarding the registry hack.

As for the other issue regarding syncing in the rebuild mode - it might happen when a previous sync started but failed to complete for some reason. In order to better understand what exactly happened we need to review the log files - you can email them using Help > Technical Support > Send Log Files menu in RangerMSP and Outlook, or by zipping \RangerMSP\Logs folder and emailing us the zipped file.

Hope this helps.

December 19th, 2016, 12:42 PM
byronc

Thank you very much. I happened to test the registry change yesterday with one of the coordinators which did in fact resolve the first error.

I'll send through some logs shortly.

December 20th, 2016, 04:07 PM
byronc

I have removed Calendar permissions and added them to a group rather than individual users which seems to have cleared up the errors and so far the sync has been running smoothly. Thanks again for the assistance.

One last thing, does Outlook need to be open for the sync to run successfully? I noticed that it comes up with allot of the permissions errors if Outlook is closed.

December 21st, 2016, 06:05 AM
Support Team

These are great news. Thank you for the update.

As for the keeping Outlook open - in general the sync should work even without having Outlook calendar open.
It could be related to using Exchange in a cached mode. You can try to disable a cached mode and see how it goes.

Hope this helps.