RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 29th, 2016, 04:37 PM
scoplin

Hi, I'm trying to get my Continuum integration to work. I've put my PSG key in the ini file and installed the RMM service (yesterday). I've restarted the service today and still don't see my sites downloaded. I just get the below when I go to try to link my sites.
--------------------------------------------------

Managing the external links requires the presence of the external application data file which is
stored on your server and is updated automatically by CommitCRM RMM Server.

No external application data file was found or an error has occurred while trying to use it.

Please refer to the documentation in order to learn how to initiate data retrieval from the external application.

Once the data retrieval process is complete, reopen this Window to reload the files.

December 30th, 2016, 06:06 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting. After activating the integration in Continuum's portal it usually takes up to 24 hours for their system to start servicing the data. Assuming that the RangerMSP RMM Server service is up-n-running on your server please test again now (as 24 hours has probably passed already) and see whether it has started to work and downloaded the list of Sites and Devices.

In case it hasn't downloaded the sites - please edit the service settings in Windows and have the service runs under a administrator/privileged user. Sometimes the default user it runs under, Local System, does not have the sufficient privileges to contact the Internet, connect to Continuum's servers and to download and save the data to disk. Then start the service again, wait for a while and test.

Initially Sites and Devices are also downloaded and saved to text files, so - check whether the following files got created:
<server>\RangerMSP\DBSys\ZenithDevices_RMAZENITHIN FOTECHID1.cmt
<server>\RangerMSP\DBSys\ZenithSites_RMAZENITHINFO TECHID1.cmt

In nothing helps please zip the content of your \RangerMSP\Logs folder and email it to our support (support@...) for analysis while also referring to this forum thread in your email.

Hope this helps.

December 30th, 2016, 07:18 AM
scoplin

Thank you!

I have linked sites now. I was being impatient with the wait period and I think my trip up was that I thought I could run the install of RMM and then later restart the service. I had to uninstall it (-uninstall flag) and then install the RMM service again. Simply restarting it did nothing to establish the link.

For anyone else who comes across this, I think these steps will help.

1. Get your Continuum PSG code and activate in Continuum
2. Take the warnings for the 24hr wait period seriously and don't just give it a few hours.
3. Proceed with the RMM Server install (putting in your PSG code in the ini file first)

Note: You will get emails at the address you specify for warnings once it's working. They will come from notify@itsupport247.net and look like the below.
--------------------------------------------------------
CommitCRM Integration Notification System

120 unique updates from NOC team pending to be downloaded by CommitCRM system.

Regards,
ITSupport247 LAB

December 30th, 2016, 07:24 AM
Support Team

Great, thank you for the update.

Once you link Sites to RangerMSP Accounts and optionally Devices to RangerMSP Assets you can turn ON Ticket flow to have Tickets created in RangerMSP automatically from Continuum's findings. This will also stop Continuum's warning emails as Ticket flow will be active. Click to learn how to turn on Tickets flow from Continuum.

December 30th, 2016, 07:31 AM
scoplin

Thank you for the quick response. I have tickets flowing in now and watching them appear live in my ticket view as they get processed.

Question: Do the RMM tickets also generate ticket emails to the account contact or end user? We don't need the CIO of the client company getting emails about a DFS or AD issue, that's just something we take care of behind the scenes.

However, we do want techs to get emails on new RMM tickets.

December 30th, 2016, 07:39 AM
scoplin

I found the alert to customers settings for RMM, nevermind.

December 30th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Support Team

You can keep using the [urlmp=/wiki/Alerts_to_Customers]Alerts to Customers[/urlmo] feature of the Alerts Server while disabling such alerts for RMM (Continuum in this case) Tickets. Visit Tools > Options > Alerts to Customers tab and then click the "RMM Settings..." button. Once does - RESTART 'RangerMSP Server' service on your server (note - not the RMM service) and you're done!