RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 30th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Albracco

Ruuning the setup wizard, I get to the screen where it tells me to open Quickbooks company file in single user mode. I do that, come back and click <next> and get this message:

Quickbooks can't start because it is already running. Only Quickbooks accountant and Quickboos Enterprise can open more than one company file.

I am running QB Pro 2011 Single user on the same PC I have the CommitCRM Client. The company files is stored on my server, and I have been careful to use the exact same UNC path to the file in CommitCRM and when I open it in Quickbooks.

This is a brand new download/install. My first step was going to be to import my accounts from QB to CommitCRM. Right now, I can't go any further...

April 30th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. Your edition of QuickBooks is supported and it does sound like you are following the steps correctly.

Please try this -

Close QuickBooks BEFORE selecting the company file with the Wizard in RangerMSP.
Then -
Once the file is selected and you proceed to the next step - only then - open QuickBooks in Single User mode, log in as an QB Administrator and open the same company file using the same path.
Then -
Proceed with the wizard and see if the above helps.

April 30th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Albracco

I have already tried that - same issue...

April 30th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Support Team

I just found a patch for this problem on Intuit / QuickBooks Web site. Please check the following link:
http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com...icles/SLN41846

Hope this helps.

April 30th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Albracco

Did not help. I tried everything in that article to no avail...

April 30th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Support Team

Thank you for the update. This is definitely a QuickBooks issue... but maybe the following will help - when you run QuickBooks right click it and select the 'Run as Administrator' option, also - do them same for when running RangerMSP client (all this just for the initial setup attempt).

Please let us know if this helps.

April 30th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Albracco

OK, that got me past that issue. I agreed to let the link access the QB file anytime and then I got this message pop up:

An error occurred in Quickbooks.

Message received from Quickbooks:
Status Code 3180
Message: there was an error when saving a account list, element "CMT COGS Account" Quickbooks error message: An account number must be specified

But after I clicked OK, it said it was finished and I was then able to import QB Accounts, vendors and items.

So I guess I am ok?

May 1st, 2013, 06:05 AM
Support Team

Great! Good to hear that it is working now!

A "CMT COGS Account" is created in QuickBooks by RangerMSP and used as default QuickBooks account for new items (that can be created later in QuickBooks as a result of synchronizing between the systems).
Try to check if CMT COGS Account was successfully created in QuickBooks.

You can change the default accounts from Tools -> Options, open the QuickBooks tab, click on Advanced Settings > Default QuickBooks Accounts.

Importing records from QuickBooks to RangerMSP​ is the first step, however, because you have received a warning message I would perform additional tests. Try to create new Item and new Customer based on RangerMSP Item/Account using QuickBooks button on the toolbar as explained here and here.

Also this article from QuickBooks support may help.