RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 30th, 2013, 03:31 AM
neil.ewing

Hi,

We have the alerts server and we are trying to understand if this is possible:

1. Ticket gets created manually by an employee from within Commit
2. Creator of the tickets sets the ticket manager to another employee
3. New ticket manager receives an email alert that they have been assigned a ticket.

I know we can turn on ticket manager alerts, but then as we also get alerts for all new tickets anyway and wanted to avoid ticket overload.

Thanks.

April 30th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Support Team

Thank you for asking.

Sure, you can define Alert settings to get email alerts only for Tickets you were assigned as Ticket Manager, and NOT for all new Tickets.

For this you should:
1. Turn ON the option 'Ticket Manager Alerts' (you will get alerts only for updates in Tickets you are the manager).

2. Turn OFF 'Account Manager Alerts' (otherwise you will get alerts for all new Tickets and updates for Accounts you are the manager).

3. Turn OFF 'Ticket - Opened' option.

Note: These are PERSONAL settings per user. Each user should select their own alerting preferences. Such settings are set under the Tools > Options > Alerts tab.

April 30th, 2013, 06:10 AM
neil.ewing

Hi,

Thanks, but not quite what I was looking for.

What I need to do is alert an employee that a ticket has been assigned to them. I understand that the employee will get an alert of updates to tickets that they are assigned, but what about an alert saying that the ticket itself has been assigned.

The scenario is, I take a call for a customer that one of my colleagues is going to deal with. So I open the ticket, make them the ticket manager. But, at the moment, they don't get a notification that a new ticket has been given to them

Equally, I may work on a ticket and then pass it to someone else to complete, again, when changing ticket manager, a trigger to send an alert to the new ticket manager would be very useful.

Neil.

April 30th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Support Team

​With Alerts settings described in the previous ​answer the alert WILL be sent to the employee once the employee is assigned as Ticket Manager. The alert email Subject will also include the Assign token.

You can set Ticket Manager while creating a new Ticket or set it later - in both cases an email alert will be triggered.

Hope this helps.