RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 25th, 2013, 01:51 PM
neil.ewing

Hi guys,

We are just on the cusp of purchasing CommitCRM having spent months looking for the right solution to help run our IT business.

My only reservation is the client over a VPN. I know we could use remote desktop with the SQL add on etc. but if we wanted to avoid remote desktop but get acceptable VPN, does anyone have any experience of this.

95% of the time my staff are working from the office, so that's fine, or happy to use the web interface, but as the business owner, my use of the product is far more intense.

Given that there are 5 of us, plus the web interface and alerts server, I would have to go for the 10 user license for SQL I believe (concurrent use and all that). Really could do with some experienced users offering some advice here.

Cheers,
Neil.

April 25th, 2013, 04:02 PM
lpopejoy

Ok, here's real world experience: use Remote Desktop. And get the SQL version. SQL version is a lot faster with lots of tickets and accounts. Using the client directly over the VPN is painfully slow - and, IMO, basically unusable for anything beyond the most basic/lite usage.

Setup a simple terminal server and run CommitCRM from there - or use Citrix.

April 28th, 2013, 05:06 PM
nattivillin

Do not try to use it over a VPN.

Use Terminal services or Citrix.