RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 4th, 2013, 10:32 AM
nattivillin

Every few weeks or so the server outbox folder [ \\server\COMMIT\Server\QSysEDOutbox ] fills up with emails that are supposed to go out.

This causes major headaches.

If we restart the server service they all send. This is what we've been doing for the past year but i am tired of doing this.

Any idea what causes this hiccup?

I could write a script that restarts the CommitCRM server every night at 3am, but I shouldn't have to do this........

February 4th, 2013, 12:47 PM
aaspeer

We used to have this problem as well, it stopped happening a few months ago with no explanation... not sure what changed on our end.

Austin Speer

February 4th, 2013, 05:09 PM
lpopejoy

I created a script to check the number of files and restart if greater than five... Never did figure out why it happens. But I think it only happens when a large volume of new tickets are created in a short period of time.

February 5th, 2013, 07:41 PM
nattivillin

Glad to hear i'm not the only one.

It does seem to happen more often if many alerts are to be sent at once.

Anyone from CommitCRM listening :)

February 5th, 2013, 07:42 PM
nattivillin

Care to share that script?

February 5th, 2013, 07:55 PM
lpopejoy

I'm executing this command in Labtech and checking it's output for > 5:
@echo off
dir /b /s /A-d "D:\Company Folders\Applications\CommitCRM\Server\QSysEDOutbox " | find "" /v /n /c

You coud just as easily add the "if" logic to the batch file (if > 5 then net stop commitserver then net start commitserver).

I'm doing it in Labtech so that I can get an email each time this condition is encountered and it restarts. ...and yes, I get emailed basically every time we do a large # of tickets in a short period of time. I haven't been too worried about it because I thought I must be the only person with the problem.

March 5th, 2013, 11:21 AM
lassenpc

Add a 3rd to the 'Outbox server folder filling up' party. Started last month after we migrated CommitCRM from a Win 7 machine to Server 2012, and upgraded to SQL.

So far about once a week outgoing emails alerts just stop for unknown reason. Crawled through machine event logs trying to find anything around the time they stop that might be interfering / conflicting, so far no joy.

Been manually restarting the service. Nice script! Will get that a shot. Thank you for posting that.

March 6th, 2013, 07:18 PM
nattivillin

I set the service to reboot once a day which fixes the issue, but it's ugly.

May 1st, 2013, 01:52 PM
nattivillin

This is becoming a big problem for us. Is there a permanent fix for this?

May 1st, 2013, 02:04 PM
Support Team

When this happens - each case is different where usually the root cause is a security setting or policy that blocks the process from sending any more emails until restarted. We will be happy to review your log files to figure our if we can tell what's your specific case though many times we just see the 'blocked' error code, but not the actual blocking reason on the mail server side. Anyway, feel free to email your logs.

May 1st, 2013, 02:09 PM
nattivillin

I will do that now.

May 1st, 2013, 07:27 PM
lpopejoy

I'm not convinced it is a server side issue - if it is, then the only thing that is affected is CommitCRM email server and just restarting the CommitServer service fixes the issue. I'm not worried about it because I have a monitor to monitor the # of files in the outbox folder, but it would be nice to have a more long term fix!

May 2nd, 2013, 10:59 PM
stephan

Hi Luke,

Just saw this thread..

We too have been having this issue..

We are running SBS2008. I restarted a bunch of things (yes we have also had to restart the server).

It seems to revolve around the POP3 service / COMMIT ALERTS ..

Emails are all working perfectly..

Its very distressing when it stops.. We also have another party using Interlink and its bad if the CommitCRM Alerts stop things dont work.

I see that you can spot the number of outstanding messages if you run the ServerConfig utility and go to ALERTS and you can use the little green recycle button to update the number of outstanding alerts.. (we had HEAPS).

I will send you the email...

Cheers, S.