RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 27th, 2013, 09:43 PM
ctscomp

I have done the following:

1) Created a new tab under Tickets
2) Created (3) Yes / No fields
3) Inserted the (3) fields into the Tab

Here are my results:
1) When I view this Tab for a current ticket or a new ticket, all (3) fields show up as checked but dimmed or greyed out. This can be misleading since at a glance, they appear checked. Resolution - Being able to set a default value

2) When I click on any of the checkboxes, all checkboxes are no longer dimmed. The boxed I clicked on is now checked and the other two are unchecked. I can save and everything is fine.

3) If I repeat senario (2) BUT I uncheck the box I clicked on which leaves all three boxes unchecked and click save, all boxes are now dimmed and appear to be checked. The way around this senario is to check a checkbox and save, then uncheck the checkbox and save. Now all three checkboxes are unchecked.

The only workaround I can think of would be to create a textbox with predefined values with Yes or No.

Any help would be great!

April 29th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Support Team

​Thank you for asking.

Indeed with some configurations (e.g. in Windows Classic theme) custom fields of the 'Yes/No' type​ (check-box) may look a bit confusing. In the standard Windows theme these check-box fields look clearer (not greyed out).

Currently, there is no option to set default value for custom user fields, for all types of fields.

For what it worth, it's all grey because it holds null values. Meaning it's not Yes and it is not No, the user is the only one that can select the right value for the field, especially for newly added fields that have never been reviewed before in context with the record being displayed.

Hope this makes sense.

May 2nd, 2013, 09:45 AM
ctscomp

What is weird is when I do click the box to tell it "no", it changes from a grey null value to a blank checkbox. However when I save and go back, the value is greyed and null again. It isn't until I check the box, "yes", save, and then uncheck the box, "no", that it will save the "no" value.