RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 1st, 2023, 10:39 AM
lwilson

We are trying to run a manual backup. All instances are closed on workstations and I have stopped the web services. We have been at step one "wait" for 20 minutes. Should I also stop the RMM Server & Server services? I don't want to kill it and mess things up. Please asap

March 1st, 2023, 11:09 AM
Support Team

Thanks for asking. The server side services, CRM... ones, are all connecting to the database too when needed, and must stop doing so before the backup runs (unless you use the app on top of SQL, and in that case, you can have live-backpus - backups taken while the system is in use by everyone, including the technical service side services).
Now, normally the backup utility will ask them to stop, but in case something is wrong, they might not and this may be the case why the backup is still pending. I recommend that you try to stop them, and in case this does not help, restart your server when possible, wait for a few moments for everything to load, and then try to follow the backup process using the utility.

Hope this helps!

March 1st, 2023, 11:15 AM
lwilson

I stopped all Crm services. Also stopped all quickbooks services just in case. we will reboot the server, and try it again