RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

May 28th, 2018, 02:11 PM
rtwtech

Trying out CommitCRM again.

I can reply to a customer's ticket via my email and it goes to the customer and populates the ticket as expected.

When I try adding a quick reply from the web interface it adds it to the ticket, but never sends an email to the customer with the quick reply.

I must be missing something but have gone through all the settings.

May 29th, 2018, 06:05 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Did you configure the Email Connector or were the emails sent to the customer directly (from the ticket window)?

When the Email Connector is being used, the To: email address is populated with the Public Email Address configured for Email Connector, this is usually the Support@ or Help@ address. The email is then received by the email connector and is automatically distributed to the customer as well as to all other recipients - as listed under the Ticket.

The Quick Reply feature of the Web Interface relies on the Email Connector to send emails, so in case the email settings have not yet been configured, the email indeed will not be sent.

Hope this helps.

May 29th, 2018, 06:24 AM
rtwtech

Thanks for the reply.

I do have the email connector configured, and the customer receives the new ticket notification and does receive replies from the ticket if I send it from Outlook (my reply is going to my public facing support email address).

If I create the note on the ticket within the web interface, it does not go to the customer.

Also, I create the note on the ticket within the full client, it does not go to the customer.

Is there some other method I should use within the ticket in CommitCRM to have the reply go to the customer? Maybe adding a history note is not the correct method?

May 29th, 2018, 06:49 AM
Support Team

Thank you for your reply and update.

It sounds like email threading is working correctly.

In order to reply the customer, you should send an email using the Email button in the Ticket details window, while using the desktop client application, or use the 'Quick Reply' button/option when using the Web Interface as shown below.

In both cases and email is sent to the Public Email Address, distributed to Ticket Recipients and filed under the Ticket History.

Hope this helps.

May 29th, 2018, 06:54 AM
rtwtech

Ahh, I missed the forest for the trees.

Thanks!

May 29th, 2018, 07:05 AM
Support Team

You are welcome!

November 7th, 2022, 11:56 AM
trgteam

How do we get custom designed Quick Replies (Ticket Alerts) to show up under the Quick Reply list in the web interface?

November 8th, 2022, 06:22 AM
Support Team

Thank you for asking.

After adding/editing custom Email Templates for Tickets, you should RESTART the 'CRM Web Interface' Windows service on your server - or - Microsoft IIS (if in use) to apply the changes.

Please note that the Quick Reply feature currently supports plain-text templates only, so the template you add should be of this type, unlike HTML.

Hope this helps.

November 8th, 2022, 12:57 PM
trgteam

Thank you for your reply. However, before reaching out we had not only restarted the CRM Web Interface Windows service, tried restarting the CRM Server service, cleared browser caches, and tried on a separate workstation- to no avail. We are still unable to have the custom template show up in the Quick Reply list on the Web Interface. Any other suggestions?

November 8th, 2022, 01:06 PM
trgteam

Edit:

before reaching out we had not only restarted the CRM Web Interface Windows service, tried restarting the CRM Server service, made sure the new template was marked ACTIVE, cleared browser caches, and tried on a separate workstation- all to no avail.

We are still unable to have the custom Ticket Alert show up in the Quick Reply list as an option on the Web Interface. Any other suggestions?

November 9th, 2022, 06:01 AM
Support Team

Thank you for the update.

Please verify that the email template type is Plain Text, as the Quick Reply feature currently does not support HTML templates.

Besides, make sure that the template data source is Tickets and the template is available in the Tickets window in the Windows application.

Please keep us posted on this.